Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Question about Land Raider Crusader
Old 30 Apr 2007, 17:48   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Question about Land Raider Crusader

Hello,
Just a question regarding the great Land Raider Crusader.
If you adquire one as Heavy Support in your FOC, are you able to transport two units at the same time in the tank so you can fullfill the miniature capacity?
For example, could you put inside two different units of 8 space marines each?
The LR Crusader is not a dedicated transport, so it must not adhere to the rule that says that only the unit that "adquire" the transport is able mount/dismount from it.
Can these units start the game embarked in the LRC?
Has anybody had this same thought?
Is legal? If it is not, why?
Thanks for your answers in advance.
Cheers!!

Padawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2007, 17:50   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Question about Land Raider Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan
Hello,
If you adquire one as Heavy Support in your FOC, are you able to transport two units at the same time in the tank so you can fullfill the miniature capacity?
No. None of the regular (non-Forge World) transports may ever carry more than one unit at a time, even if they are not Dedicated Transports. This is in the Transport rules in the main rulebook. Keep in mind that the Crusader was designed for the Black Templar, who can field much larger units than normal Space Marine armies.

But you can always start the game embarked in a transport, including those purchased as Heavy Support.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2007, 17:55   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Thank you, Khanaris!!!
Your answer cover my question completely.
Thanks!
By the way, its pity that only 10 marines can be put inside such a wonder assault vehicle. But rules are rules...
Padawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2007, 18:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan
Hello,
No. None of the regular (non-Forge World) transports may ever carry more than one unit at a time, even if they are not Dedicated Transports. This is in the Transport rules in the main rulebook. Keep in mind that the Crusader was designed for the Black Templar, who can field much larger units than normal Space Marine armies.

But you can always start the game embarked in a transport, including those purchased as Heavy Support.
If the transport is chosen as a transport for terminators then you can start the game in it. But if the land raider is purchased on its own then models have to mount it after they are deployed.

For more webcomics like this please visit my website.

http://www.tristanworld.com

or my deviant art account.
Omeganus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2007, 18:24   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grand Seer
If the transport is chosen as a transport for terminators then you can start the game in it. But if the land raider is purchased on its own then models have to mount it after they are deployed.
I am not sure this is correct. As per the GW FAQ, you can choose to deploy a non-dedicated transport from reserves with a unit inside it, as long as both units passed their Reserves roll. This is considered to be a legal option. I'll have to check the rulebook with regard to how this relates to regular deployment, though. I think it is the same as the logic that allows Independent Characters to join units before the game starts. It doesn't really make much sense to play it the other way, as it gives whoever is going first more of an advantage than they should have.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2007, 18:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

You can pack in at least 13 marines if you take a fullcommand squad with 2 attached characters. That's not too shabby when it comes to assault.
Rapid Fire

Gets 'em every time

Bustafer Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2007, 23:20   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
I think it is the same as the logic that allows Independent Characters to join units before the game starts.
Is there a FAQ to this effect or is it an argument that's been hammered out on the board? I ask because I'd really appreciate a way to deepstrike my Techmarine
Praetor Adele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2007, 23:37   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

You may deep strike your techmarine, if reserves is in effect, a drop pod comes in on the same turn as him, and the drop pod has room. Now I guess you could give your techmarine termie armor and just teleport him but the drop pod method is probably what you're looking for.

War is great! Well, except for that dying part ...
BeserkWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2007, 00:18   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustafer Jones
You can pack in at least 13 marines if you take a fullcommand squad with 2 attached characters. That's not too shabby when it comes to assault.
Blood claw squads, you can have a lot of blood claws in one unit. I don't know if the crusader is avalible to space wolves though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2007, 00:21   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerserkWolf
You may deep strike your techmarine, if reserves is in effect, a drop pod comes in on the same turn as him, and the drop pod has room. Now I guess you could give your techmarine termie armor and just teleport him but the drop pod method is probably what you're looking for.
What? When did Techmarines come into play? I'm confused here.... :huh:

The way to start a game off with troops in a crusader is to deploy the Crusader first(you have to anyways) and then when it comes around for the squad you want to deploy, you just say that they are in the Crusader.

On a side note, I love the blessed hull. "You are now AV12, and I need a 4+ to penetrate with my lance." "No, you still need a 6, I have Blessed Hull. > "
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote