Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Blood ravens codex?
View Poll Results: Do you think GW will produce a Blood Ravens Codex or not?
Yes 8 20.00%
No 32 80.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 Apr 2007, 19:48   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Blood ravens codex?

So what do you think? Will the Ravens always be bound to the "Space Marine" Codex?
Do you think they deserve there own codex?
Why would GW thrust this chapter into the limelight through the dawn of war series of computer games but then almost ignore them as a tabletop army?

bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2007, 19:53   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Blood ravens codex?

Well, they really don't deviate much from the Codex Astartes, do they? Why would they need their own book? It would be nice to see a Blood Ravens Special Character in the next Marine codex, though.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2007, 20:00   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
It would be nice to see a Blood Ravens Special Character in the next Marine codex, though.
Exactly, and i just think if the rumours we're hearing are correct and GW are gonna produce a new "space marine" codex they need to broaden there horizons slightly.

bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2007, 21:14   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenose
Quote:
It would be nice to see a Blood Ravens Special Character in the next Marine codex, though.
Exactly, and i just think if the rumours we're hearing are correct and GW are gonna produce a new "space marine" codex they need to broaden there horizons slightly.
exactly...
im sick of the DA player bragging about his shotguns...
dragoniccam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Apr 2007, 02:43   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Yea but the only unit that gets them is an Elites... why did they make scouts elites, honestly why? Who would take Scouts (even with better shotguns) over Deathwing... or Veterans...

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Apr 2007, 03:10   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
they really don't deviate much from the Codex Astartes, do they? Why would they need their own book?
I agree with Khanaris, there isn't enough difference with the Blood Ravens (say compared to the Dark Angels, Blood Angels, Space Wolves) so why would they get their own codex??. And adding a special character, would there be enough people that would play Blood Ravens to make it worth while (personally i don't believe so)??
grimreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Apr 2007, 05:39   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

As it stands it doesn't look like GW is planning on adding any new codex armies other than those that already exist. Then if they do it's only going to be after long consideration considering they have now commited themselves to updating all the armies on a regular basis([size=3pt]Get to the Orks if you mean it damn you![/size])

As a result I doubt there is ever going to be a Blood Ravens codex.
Spiritbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Apr 2007, 05:43   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Well I mean simply look at the units involved, the only real differences the Blood Ravens have are fluff ones without much of a table top appearance. The only one that could make a tabletop appearance is the sheer number of Librarians they have. Like maybe a whole unit of Librarian Veterans or Terminators from the 1st Company, perhaps a Lexicanum upgrade for squad sergeants giving them a psychic power but no force weapon or psychic hood or something like that. But thats very little to make a codex around. The Dark Angels, Blood Angels, Space Wolves and Black Templars all diverge from the codex much more significantly.

What would be nice is an update to the traits system with more traits. That would be nice.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2007, 11:38   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
Yea but the only unit that gets them is an Elites... why did they make scouts elites, honestly why? Who would take Scouts (even with better shotguns) over Deathwing... or Veterans...
Lets see, I keep my Death Wing and my normal Dark Angels seperate. So I would be one of the ones taking scouts as an elite choice. Granted I haven't tried using the scouts with the new shotguns (don't have the models yet...). But I do regularly go to battle with a 10 strong sniper scout unit.... which usually does extremely well in close combat... please don't ask me why.... :
Old 25 Apr 2007, 17:42   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Blood Ravens will never have a codex and probably never a special character. They are the paintscheme of the month for GW. They always have a new chapter that they put out a bit of fluff for and put them in WD's and online. Anybody remember how big the White Panthers were gonna be? No? They were the SM poster boys for awhile, then Crimson fists, then Imperial Fists, etc. Like people have said they don't diverge enough to get their own book, they're just another paintscheme choice.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote