Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Overloading your list
Old 21 Apr 2007, 02:09   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Overloading your list

At my gaming club I've been told that some peoples (who I've not played) armies are harder than others because they overload vanilla lists. By that I'm told they take all armor or all infantry so as to make either the average Joe guns worthless or heavy weapons wasted on the foot soldiers.

What are your opinions on overloading your vanilla list? Do you find it more or less effective in your personal experience?
Old 21 Apr 2007, 02:56   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: Overloading your list

Its certainly effective. Its surprising how many marines you can get in a list if you try. Some armies have immense trouble dealing with a ton of power armor. You can also throw in a lot of vehicles, decently armored tanks will make most if not all small arms completely ineffective, making sure a significant portion of their opponents force is incapable of doing anything.

Both lists can be strong but they are not impervious or all powerful, they can be beaten with a little tactics.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2007, 13:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to LordAbsol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenelyn
armies are harder than others because they overload vanilla lists. By that I'm told they take all armor or all infantry so as to make either the average Joe guns worthless or heavy weapons wasted on the foot soldiers.
This is not always the case however as in my experiences I've had battles where the anti tank specific weaponry have proven more than useful in the removing of The opponents HQ (Characters) And on the other you will always find a ranged of ccw that well be capable (only just mind you but capable) of removing a vehicle
[/td]
[td]
Vote for Tau Online[br]Before me grasp does drain thy life, I pray thee, Beg of thy God for their forgivness, for only then will me grasp upon you siece. [br]
Can you see this this!!!!! WORD
[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
LordAbsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2007, 05:44   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

True, but the point of any of those lists is to utterly swamp you're opponent. They simply can't kill stuff fast enough. If you build the lists right they'll still be flexible enough to deal with most threats but they all have their weaknesses. The classic horde army suffers from a lack of speed which can be used against it. Armor lists that fight against drop pods or fairly well armored fast lists get scraped quick. Every army has its Achilles heel.

War is great! Well, except for that dying part ...
BeserkWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2007, 12:12   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

I used to run an all infantry Marines list, with see but don't be seen. it could be a big problem for my enemy to have 75 marines starting so close to his lines, but i certainly did not win all my games. Tyranids do the horde thing much better than marines. I never once beat them with that army. A mobile force could give me trouble, as could the necrons, who were tough enough to take that much firepower, and who have some very powerful arty and cc characters.

It does tend to swamp normal armies, though. I also play mech tau, which uses the same "dillution of fire" strategy very effectively. I've had opponents actually beleive that they cannot hurt my army at all. This myth wins games.
Rapid Fire

Gets 'em every time

Bustafer Jones is offline   Reply With Quote