Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Deathwing Assault
Old 15 Apr 2007, 04:57   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Deathwing Assault

Well, I know it comes down first turn, and bikers with teleport homers means they don't scatter, but when do they come down?
At the start of your first turn, so 6" into the battlefield (if using the ravenwing homers) or anywhere else in the battlefield and being really 'alone'
Or during your first turns movment phase, like for example placed where your ravenwing end up after thier scout/turboboost move?

I read the rule book, and it doesn't say when reserves come in, just as soon as they are avaible and that can be read either way. So yeah....
adreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2007, 07:10   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok
Default Re: Deathwing Assault

It does in fact. I don't have my rule book with me though so can't give a page but,

on your second turn roll a D6 for each unit in reserve, on a 4+ they come into play, each turn after decrease the roll needed by 1.
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
T pok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2007, 11:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

When deepstriking in (or drop podding) you do it at the beginning of the movement phase, before your regular movement.

As far as the ravenwing homer is considered, you have to remember that they have a scout move. So with proper placement that could be up to 18" into the battlefield.
Old 15 Apr 2007, 19:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

18" out of your deployment zone, that is. A total of 30" with no scatter is pretty nasty, which is why i bought a ravenwing bike squad last night. That should come in very handy.
Rapid Fire

Gets 'em every time

Bustafer Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2007, 00:24   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

agreed that is is pretty nasty, but we weren't sure when the first turn DS happened, I'm assuming the scout move lets you move your bike distance, not just 6"
Old 16 Apr 2007, 00:37   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Scouts just gives you a move before the first turn of the game, right before you roll to see who goes first. You are allowed to move your full distance, but you can not Turbo-Boost (because you are trying to be sneaky).
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2007, 01:55   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

sweet, alright, now I know this I wont be cheating anyone by playing it wrong because I didn't know, thanks for all your help.
Old 19 Apr 2007, 21:38   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

I picked up some bikes the other day and realized that 1 can deploy 12", scout 12", move 12" on turn 1, and deep strike my closest termie another 6" further. That is over 42" on turn 1. It could be awkward for almost anyone.
Rapid Fire

Gets 'em every time

Old 20 Apr 2007, 00:34   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustafer Jones
I picked up some bikes the other day and realized that 1 can deploy 12", scout 12", move 12" on turn 1, and deep strike my closest termie another 6" further. That is over 42" on turn 1. It could be awkward for almost anyone.
Errr.... Not quite. You can set up 12", scout 12" but deep strike happens before movement. So it would be more like a 30" on turn one.

Other than that your pretty much on.
Old 20 Apr 2007, 02:33   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Ahh, ok. It doesn't say that exactly in the reserves section, but it does say that you must move reserves onto the table "as soon as possible" which strongly points to deep striking in before the movement phase. I'd always thought so, but was recently told that was not the case. I now beleive it is once more. Well, 30" is still pretty brutal, especially since your bikers could likely then go on to get a turn 1 charge, and your termies could follow up on turn two to finish the locked unit. I like it.
Rapid Fire

Gets 'em every time