Warhammer 40K Forum

Space Marine Land Raider or Space Marines Devastator Squad and Land Speeder
View Poll Results: What should i Get
Space Marine Land Raider 6 20.69%
Space Marines Devastator Squad and Land Speeder 23 79.31%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 Apr 2007, 11:36   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Space Marine Land Raider or Space Marines Devastator Squad and Land Speeder

I buying a mega force of Space Marines but i have a 35 extra money and i don't know what to get Space Marine Land Raider or Space Marines Devastator Squad and Land Speeder please vote and tell me what you think

Thanks for your time
Ultra_17
Old 14 Apr 2007, 13:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to faol Send a message via Yahoo to faol
Default Re: Space Marine Land Raider or Space Marines Devastator Squad and Land Speeder

I'm slowly starting to fiddle to SMs so since the mega force gives you a fair small army I think the land raider may be a good choice but if you like heavily armed SMs and fast vehicles go for the devastator squad and the speeder, but I say go with the Land Raider
recruit gladiators
faol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2007, 14:19   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Space Marine Land Raider or Space Marines Devastator Squad and Land Speeder

It's up to you, but I believe that LRs are a massive fire magnet. The other two will allow you more speed in your army.
Tau Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2007, 17:47   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

id go land raider
in the box you have some assault marines right?
the land raider will drawn most of the fire and then you can nip in and slash your opponent up, hopefully

The way 2 Death is Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2007, 23:15   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

I'd go with the Devastators and the Land Speeder. The Devastators can put out some pretty painful fire (damnable heavy bolters killing my boyz) while the Land Speeder is one fast little sucker and can put whip around your enemy's flanks nicely.

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2007, 00:01   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Dev/Speeder all the way. The new Dev box set will give you quite a few heavy weapons, more than enough for your Dev squad so as you can outfit more of your army with more weapons. And a Landspeeder Tornado with an assault cannon is a very potent killing machine.

As BM said, Land Raiders are huge fire magnets and aren't focused enough to really get their points back in a game.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
O Y Montyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2007, 00:18   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Devestators & Land Speeder by far.

The Land Raider is a mighty vehicle, but it's a massive fire magnet - hard to hide, and bearing less firepower than you can get - better distributed, at that, among other units. It's only blessing is durability, which can be nerfed by a Railgun or a few Lascannons.

Land Speeders... the Tornado. Heavy Bolter & Assault Cannon. It's expensive, it's not that durable, but it's ridiculously nasty.

Devestators... a superb unit. They're flexible enough to do darn near anything.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2007, 20:57   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
Devestators & Land Speeder by far.

The Land Raider is a mighty vehicle, but it's a massive fire magnet - hard to hide, and bearing less firepower than you can get - better distributed, at that, among other units. It's only blessing is durability, which can be nerfed by a Railgun or a few Lascannons.

Land Speeders... the Tornado. Heavy Bolter & Assault Cannon. It's expensive, it's not that durable, but it's ridiculously nasty.

Devestators... a superb unit. They're flexible enough to do darn near anything.
What he said.

Also as noted the Devastator box gives you something like eight heavy weapons, so basically enough for your whole army.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2007, 21:03   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

It really all depends one what you want and who you're fighting.

If you're going up against Tau or a mechanized IG, the the Land Raider is basically going to be one big expensive piece of dead cover, and the Devs will be much better at taking down your opponent's vehicles.

If you're dealing mainly in assault against someone without access to a big ton of heavy weapons, the Land Raider is a pretty potent assault machine. My usual opponent has a tooled out CC Termie squad that he mounts in his Land Raider. Being able to move, dismount, and then charge into assault can be extremely devestating. (And since I'm a SM player without a lot of heavy weapons, it tends to put quite the hurt on my forces.)

SmellTheAshes is offline   Reply With Quote