Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Assault Marines with flamers: Still get two attacks?
Closed Thread
Old 11 Apr 2007, 03:00   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Assault Marines with flamers: Still get two attacks?

I have a question regarding Assault Marines equiped with flamers. If an Assault Marine has a flamer and a CCW, can he still get his +1 Attack for having two weapons if there is a bolt pistol modeled on him? (I gave him a holstered pistol.) In the Codex, it says "Up to 2 Assault Marines can be armed with a weapon from the following list: flamer a +x points or plasma pistol at +y points."

Thing is, I know that Assault Marines with plasma pistols get the second attack. Since it never says that the flamer replaces the bolt pistol, I'm assuming it's okay to have one modelled and claim the extra attack, but I wanted to run it by you guys and see what you thought.
Old 11 Apr 2007, 03:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Assault Marines with flamers: Still get two attacks?

You're correct, although you should remove the points costs.

Many people forget, or never know, that a trooper with a two-handed heavy weapon still has both the single-handed weapons he had in the past; largely the old character-armoury rules brainwashed them. Codecies Eldar and Dark Angels are fixing this, however.
Old 11 Apr 2007, 03:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Why should I remove the point costs?
Old 11 Apr 2007, 03:08   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellTheAshes
Why should I remove the point costs?
Because it's a breech of copywrite, therefore it's illigal and can get TO in trouble. Honestly, read the forum rules? :
Old 11 Apr 2007, 03:14   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Listing a number is a breach of copyright law?

Then... Not to be a pain in the arse, but how are army lists legal to post? Or any set of rules posted from the handbook?

It just seems like it's an awfully random thing to get picky about; I understand if GW specifically said "Hey now, no point costs, but everything else is okay!" but it seems a little odd to me.
Old 11 Apr 2007, 03:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Common sense gets you an unbelievable distance on this earth, although nowadays we can sue anyone for not listing how to open the bag of chips you bought...

Captain - 101pts
Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon, Iron Halo

Reveals nothing about the individual points costs of weapons or upgrades.

Captain (X points) - 101pts
Bolt Pistol (Y points), Power Weapon (Z points), Iron Halo (A points)

Is illigal.
Old 11 Apr 2007, 03:26   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

...As is calling this website Tau Online:
WEB SITES
Please don't use one of our trademarks to directly identify your web sit (e.g., "The Space Hulk Home Page"). This right is reserved for GW companies and formal licensees only.

This doesn't mean that you can't use our trademarks to talk about our stuff, it just means you need to make it clear that description is the reason why you are using them (e.g., "Cleanse and Burn - my web page dedicated to Games Workshop's Space Hulk game") is fine because you're using our trademarks to simply describe what your web page is about and because it identifies us as the publishers of the game.

Also, please do not use any material from the official Games Workshop websites. Instead, we suggest that you make your own.

WEB NAMES
Please don't use one of our registered trademarks as part of your web domain name. This right is reserved for GW companies and formal licensees only.

And posting images in the Hobby section without abiding by the following guidelines:
PHOTOS OF PAINTED MODELS
We encourage fellow hobbyists to show off their painting skills by taking photos of their miniatures and putting the on the site. Please remember to correctly credit the IP - "miniature © Games Workshop 2003. All rights reserved. Used without permission - model painted by xxxxxxx"

I'm just sayin'.

I really don't mean to be a pain, and I'll go and edit the original post to get rid of the point values (though I don't see how listing the individual option price is any different at all from listing the total point cost, but okay. I'm the newb, you guys are the experts.)

And I'd honestly appreciate it if you'd refrain from calling me an incompetent moron with no common sense. Point values are point values, whether it's a total or not. Since there was no clear distinction described anywhere, I think it's a fair point to raise, and I'd appreciate being treated with at least a modicum of respect.

Old 11 Apr 2007, 03:32   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

You see its the matter of what GW will and will not be picky about. Or what will drop sales for them. If we allow the individual points cost of items to be submitted. Then one wouldn't really need the codex to write up army lists but can pull that data from online. Thus codex sales would go down and well GW starts sueing people. However just having the name Tau, in our website name does nothing but actually advertise for GW and doesn't drop their sales. See the difference?

Thus we must be carefull about posting "data" and word for word "rules" or GW could sue us and shut the site down. But names, dates, fluff in general is usually not really fussed about by GW.

Old 11 Apr 2007, 03:35   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
However just having the name Tau, in our website name does nothing but actually advertise for GW and doesn't drop their sales. See the difference?
I do see the difference, however, I also see that using a GW trademark in the website's domain name is specifically mentioned in the official GW release as a no-no. I'm not suggesting that we change the URL of our beloved forum; I'm really just trying to justify posting a stinking number in the face of other things.
Old 11 Apr 2007, 03:42   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellTheAshes
I do see the difference, however, I also see that using a GW trademark in the website's domain name is specifically mentioned in the official GW release as a no-no. I'm not suggesting that we change the URL of our beloved forum; I'm really just trying to justify posting a stinking number in the face of other things.
Please drop this. Posting a number is not going to bankrupt GW, but this is where we are required to draw the line.
Closed Thread