Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Master-Crafted Lightning Claws
Closed Thread
Old 14 Dec 2006, 20:54   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Master-Crafted Lightning Claws

While I was writing my recent army lists, I thought of something... If you have 2 Lightining Claws, do you have to pay the points twice to Master-Craft both of them or just for the pair as 1 item...

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 14 Dec 2006, 21:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Master-Crafted Lightning Claws

I would guess pay double since instead of picking lightning claws twice your picking an option for a pair.
Old 14 Dec 2006, 21:20   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

The way I see it is that you need only pay for master crafting once. With a power weapon and bolt pistol, you need only master craft the power weapon in order to get the close combat re-roll, the pistol just gives you an extra attack. The same principle applies to lightning claws; the second claw merely grants the wielder an extra attack. You no more need to master craft both lightning claws than you need to master craft a second close combat weapon in any other instance.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 14 Dec 2006, 22:14   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

It is not 2 lightning claws. Its one lightning claw and a pair of lightning claws. Its just one item you purchase, you dont buy two single lightning claws but you buy them as a pair. You only pay once to mastercraft them. Even if it was 2 single claws you would only need to master craft one of them to get the re-roll. Cause as mentioned you dont master craft the power weapon and bolt pistol, just the power weapon.

Old 15 Dec 2006, 15:28   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Chton

As Vash said.
But I would never recommend mastercrafting weapons.
Only ONE reroll per round? I'd rather take one more marine.
Old 15 Dec 2006, 15:55   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Winter
As Vash said.
But I would never recommend mastercrafting weapons.
Only ONE reroll per round? I'd rather take one more marine.
Actually I would do it depending on how many points were left and what type of army I were playing. Seeing as the only marine based army I have right now is deathwing, 15 points to upgrade a pair of lightning claws on a commander doesn't sound so bad when you consider for me to get an extra marine I would have to pay 3 times that amount. So if I'm at say 1835 pts with my deathwing and need another 15 to get that 1850 (and assuming that I can't use that 15 pts for something else, like say a venerable upgrade or something...) I could definitely see using it like that.
Old 15 Dec 2006, 16:01   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

I'd never use it either...except perhaps on a combi-melta, but I don't take them any more. I may not be able to find a use for 15 points alone, but if I can strip other unnecessary luxuries from other units I can normally scrape together enough points for something worthwhile.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Closed Thread