Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

DA Company Colours
Closed Thread
Old 11 Dec 2006, 20:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default DA Company Colours

I presume that all the Dark Angel companies have a different colour scheme (for shoulder guards and / or weapons).
I've done a few quick searches and found nothing, so I wondered if they have their own set, follow basic guidelines that apply to all, or simply don't have company specific colours.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 20:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: DA Company Colours

Yes, the different companies have their own colours (on their knee-pads).

I don't know of a place online but I have them in the ''How to paint Space Marines'' book.

Tell me which ones you want to know.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 20:49   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The whole lot, to be honest.
I want to start a new DA force when they're released - they were a first love, and I never really got round to starting in earnest last time, so I plan on making a good go of it this time.

Obviously colour schemes make and break armies, so it'll be something I'll be planning way in advance, only to change at the last second
Old 11 Dec 2006, 21:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I took a picture because that was the quickest way and would make it pretty understandable what they all are. I haven't found it (yet) on the internet so if anyone has a link then please provide it.

New pic:

Old 11 Dec 2006, 21:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stam
I took a picture because that was the quickest way and would make it pretty understandable what they all are. I haven't found it (yet) on the internet so if anyone has a link then please provide it.
--
It appears to be - many thanks
Do they make any difference to shoulder-guard rims at all ? If not, what colour (if at all) do they state them as ?
I know I've seen 'official' minis with a few different colours.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 21:20   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

From what I have seen and know; the Dark Angels don't have any special shoulder guard rims, just painted the same as their armour (Dark Angels green).

Where have you seen those official models with their other painted rims? And what kind of models were they?
Old 11 Dec 2006, 22:18   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
From what I have seen and know; the Dark Angels don't have any special shoulder guard rims, just painted the same as their armour (Dark Angels green).

Where have you seen those official models with their other painted rims? And what kind of models were they?
I've seen them in green, black and red - all DA Tactical Troopers.
Old 12 Dec 2006, 03:27   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Dark Angels are all dark angels green with the icons on their chest painted in a bone color. The only varient allowed in the uniform paint scheme is the kneepad that is painted in the companies scheme and for the first and second company (deathwing and ravenwing respectively).

Any variance to this is either personal taste of the player or a successor chapter.

Also tactical markings on the right shoulder can be either red or white, and the eye lenses are red. Seems like a boring color scheme but when painted with care is one of the more striking armies that I've seen (or indeed played with, what with me being a dark angels player.... : )
Old 12 Dec 2006, 09:40   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

I have looked for different shoulder pad rims but I couldn't find any. Howloutloud is right. It's just a matter of personal taste. If you want to break up the DA green by painting the rims for example Chaos black then by all means do so. It are your models and that could set them apart from the rest.

But before you start buying new models I suggest you take a look in the rumours board and check out some of the new awesome DA models that will be coming out! But I think you already know that...
Old 14 Dec 2006, 18:46   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
I have looked for different shoulder pad rims but I couldn't find any. Howloutloud is right. It's just a matter of personal taste. If you want to break up the DA green by painting the rims for example Chaos black then by all means do so. It are your models and that could set them apart from the rest.

But before you start buying new models I suggest you take a look in the rumours board and check out some of the new awesome DA models that will be coming out! But I think you already know that...
I'm planning on buying the 135 boxed set, having had a look at the models
Ta very much for all the help, still unecertain how I'm going to do them, or if I'm going to to 'counts as' and modify a little
Closed Thread