Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Fluffy Salamanders Army?
Closed Thread
Old 07 Dec 2006, 20:19   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Fluffy Salamanders Army?

So far, the only thing I can think of is lots of terminators/artificer armor/mastercrafted weapons and multi/meltas and flamers... anyone else got any ideas?

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 07 Dec 2006, 21:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Fluffy Salamanders Army?

Thunder Hammers are a big thing for the Salamanders, as are Prometheus pattern Land Raiders; both are thought to have originated from the chapter...although the Prometheus is mere speculation because the Salamanders retain more than any other chapter. They deny any such affiliation however...I guess they just like the dakka.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 07 Dec 2006, 21:16   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

THAt's what I forgot... Thunder Hammers... alright, any specific patterns of troops/dreadnoughts? Any units I should stay away from?

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 07 Dec 2006, 21:41   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

Multi Melta - Heavy Flamer Velnerable Dread is the fluffiest possible for Sallies I reckon. I use one in my Salamander army.

Id say a Techmarine too, goes with the whole master craftsmen thing plus he has a Flamer and Plasma Pistol [close ranged fire-fights].

I'd stay away from Lascannons and Missile Launchers.

I like 8 man Twin Plasma or Melta Tac squads with a Sarg that has a Thunderhammer.
Old 07 Dec 2006, 22:00   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Now why didn't I think of that? The Tac Squads might get a tad expensive as I already run the same squad except with a powerfist at 175 points, but then again they do have another 3 point skill... I might actually have to go with mastercrafting powerfists instead of the Thunder Hammers, as it isn't as effective but it does rape when it hits...

The dread seems to bee a little short range to me, but that is the point of the Salamanders, Techmarines are a great idea too, The whole techmarine thing completely escaped me when I was thinking about this... The best way to get the dread on the table would prbably be drop pod, I imagine...

Do you mean lascannons and missile lauchers in general or just on my dreads/preds?

Quote:
Old 07 Dec 2006, 22:25   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

In general.

Salamanders like their fire fights close ranged and personal.

I march my Dread with a Twin Plasma - Thunderhammer Tac squad and Techmarine [to fix the Dread and support the Tac squad]. The Tac squads runs at 190 Points, the Tech Marine at 100 and the Dread at 155 [Tank Hunter]. They support each other really well and give my force a nice core to work around.
Old 07 Dec 2006, 22:36   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Interesting strategy... I would have assumed you would go with the furious assault skill o nthe dread, but I suppose getting a stregth 9 Multi-melta can come in handy...

Although the Thunderhammer is badass, I think I might have to go with the MCPowerfist on this one, as I really can't bring myself away from the idea that it's better as an infantry killer, but perhaps that's what the Techmarine is there for... oh wait, an infantry killer could just be a cheap captain with a pwoer weapon... It all depends on the enemy I'm facing I guess

(I'm glad we can have a civilised conversation )

Quote:
Old 07 Dec 2006, 22:39   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminatus
Now why didn't I think of that? The Tac Squads might get a tad expensive as I already run the same squad except with a powerfist at 175 points, but then again they do have another 3 point skill... I might actually have to go with mastercrafting powerfists instead of the Thunder Hammers,
make thunder hammers and count them as fists.
Old 08 Dec 2006, 00:23   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

You get about 0.666 extra kills/wound with the MC Power Fist compared to the Thunder Hammer, but the Hammer is better against Monstrous Creatures and Tanks. Plus it's more fluffy.

Id be tempted to have a Twin Plas squad with the Power Fist and a Twin Melta squad with a Hammer.

I quite like the idea of small combat teams for Salamanders with 2 Flamers and a Sarg with Combi Flamer. 6 Man units, they won't be a big priority in amongst your more expensive and larger infantry units and can unleash a nasty triple template suprise on any light infantry.

'I'm glad we can have a civilised conversation'

Haha, :P
Old 08 Dec 2006, 00:37   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Another Salamander player? Woohoo!

It's important to remember that Salamanders only have 7 active companies, so you have to be careful on how many terminators you take. :-\

For my squads, I take 8 Marines:
Sergeant
-Power Fist(or thunderhammer), Combi-Melta
Marine
-Meltagun
Marine
-Plasmagun
x5 Marines with Bolters

The only fast attack you should really be taking is an assault squad with a flamer.
Closed Thread