Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Chaplins with artificer armour
Old 29 Nov 2006, 18:53   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Chaplins with artificer armour

Hello

I was wondering if i would take artificer armour form my chaplain how would i modell it. Should i take a terminator chaplain and use him or should i use a standard chaplain and just say that he has artificer armour?

Plus, is it worth taking artificer armor in the first place?

Thanks in advance.
Oscarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2006, 19:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Chaplins with artificer armour

I think artificer is well worth it, at least against armies who lack anti-armour weaponary but to model it I just use the standard miniatures.

You could represent it with heresy armour (armour dating back to the horus heresy) by putting little (and I mean little) knobs of greenstuff/plasticard on the shoulder padds, greaves (legs) and arms (optional).

For more webcomics like this please visit my website.

http://www.tristanworld.com

or my deviant art account.
Omeganus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2006, 19:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

I on the other hand don't really think it's worth giving your Chaplain artificer armour. He's protected from weapons fire by his ablative shielding...I mean his 'squad'. In close combat, it might be useful, but not for the points cost. He'll mostly only have to worry about power weapons and the like anyway, because chances are he'll strike before his lesser foes and kill them before they get a chance to stike back. Give him Terminator Honours instead so he's got an extra attack.

If you really want to give him artificer armour, no additional modelling is required, most Chaplains are already pretty impressive looking. If you want to make him look extra-extra blingy, then it could be a simple matter of painting lots of gold trim onto his armour, other than that it's all personal preference; there's no set appearance for artificer armour. Company champion shoulder pads are good for representing it though.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2006, 18:20   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

First, thanks for the help.

Second how would a terminator Chaplin be. I am planing to get the new dark angels when they come out and i want to have an interrogator Chaplin with my little angels and i am trying to to understand how he should be. I know it is a bit to early to make any decision on how to go but i wonder what you all think.

Thank you all for your help.
Oscarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2006, 19:44   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well, a normal DA Chaplain at this point would be:

Reclusiarch @115
. Stubborn*
. Terminator Armour

*In an unofficial FAQ, it was stated that Chaplains don't need to buy Stubborn since they already have Fearless. But just to be on the safe side...

Any other frills are largely unnecessary.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
O Y Montyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2006, 20:38   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abael
Well, a normal DA Chaplain at this point would be:

Reclusiarch @115
. Stubborn*
. Terminator Armour

*In an unofficial FAQ, it was stated that Chaplains don't need to buy Stubborn since they already have Fearless. But just to be on the safe side...

Any other frills are largely unnecessary.
Although a Storm Bolter might be an idea.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 02 Dec 2006, 21:48   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

It's 'meh' at very best; bionics would be a good buy, or perhaps a chainfist in the squad or a teleport homer somewhere else.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
O Y Montyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2006, 22:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abael
It's 'meh' at very best; bionics would be a good buy, or perhaps a chainfist in the squad or a teleport homer somewhere else.
Chainfists for the Termies are definitely worth it, but that's a seperate issue. Without a Storm Bolter for the chappie though, his high Ballistic Skill is wasted! It's the cheapest form of shootiness you can get for a model in Termie armour, and in my opinion the only one worth getting.

I disagree with you regarding bionics too; there's very little chance a chappie in Termie armour will have use for bionics. Shooting casualties will be assigned to his squad; close combat is the only place it will be useful and even then, it's only a one in six chance against a non-instant death, non-power weapon that defeats his armour/invulnerable save.

But hell, we're only talking about 5 points here. :