Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Eye to Eye Qu.
Closed Thread
Old 28 Nov 2006, 04:53   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Eye to Eye Qu.

in the traits section under the Eye to Eye disadvantage it states that you can take 0-1 from the list of Bikers, Attack bikers and landspeeders. but what about scout bikers, they haven&#39;t included anything about them, discuss...
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Old 28 Nov 2006, 05:00   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Eye to Eye Qu.

Seems to me it&#39;s just one of those things; by the spirit it of the rules it should extend to scout bikes too, but by this new Rules As Written movement, it&#39;d be allowed.

Judging by the associated fluff, it&#39;s obvious that such a chapter wouldn&#39;t be able to field many scout bike squadrons either. It just depends how anal you are I guess. You can guarentee there are some rules lawyers out there that take advantage of this drawback by taking scout bikers and thus more or less negating it.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 28 Nov 2006, 05:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Mage001 Send a message via MSN to Mage001

I would assume that &#39;Bikers&#39; would translate not only to regular bikes, but scout bikes as well.
All suspects are guilty. Period. Otherwise they wouldn&#39;t be suspect, would they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan
I&#39;d like to call it... "Fair", I mean, she has boobs, how&#39;d we compete?
Old 28 Nov 2006, 10:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

when I repeated the rule I did not quote it word for word, it states exactly "May only take 0-1 selection in total from the following list: Land Speeder Squadron, Attack Bike Squadron, Bike Squadron" these are the exact words and the three listed in it are the exact names for the three units aforementioned, scout bikers are left right out
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Old 28 Nov 2006, 12:24   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well, then you can take more than 1 of any bike unit that isn&#39;t a Bike Squadron, since it&#39;s clear it&#39;s refering to the actual squadron, as opposed to &#39;bikers&#39; refering to marines on a bike.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
Old 28 Nov 2006, 14:07   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Remember that Tornados and Typhoons are no longer a seperate unit entry so you can&#39;t weasal out of the restriction by upgrading the speeders
I&#039;d hate to get on his bad side... &gt;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Old 28 Nov 2006, 14:12   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abael
Well, then you can take more than 1 of any bike unit that isn&#39;t a Bike Squadron, since it&#39;s clear it&#39;s refering to the actual squadron, as opposed to &#39;bikers&#39; refering to marines on a bike.
I think you may have misunderstood, mate...he was referring to scout bike squadrons slipping through the net, not independent characters with bikes.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 28 Nov 2006, 20:24   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Actually, you misunderstand me. I&#39;m saying that if it&#39;s not a Bike squadron (or landspeeder or Attack Bike Squadron) that it doesn&#39;t have the limit on it, so Scouts "slip through the net". I suppose I didn&#39;t word it very well; I just woke up.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
Old 28 Nov 2006, 20:26   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

i&#39;d use the scout bikers. this could represent that only scouts train with them
Old 28 Nov 2006, 22:56   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abael
Actually, you misunderstand me. I&#39;m saying that if it&#39;s not a Bike squadron (or landspeeder or Attack Bike Squadron) that it doesn&#39;t have the limit on it, so Scouts "slip through the net". I suppose I didn&#39;t word it very well; I just woke up.
Sorry, I still don&#39;t understand. Scout bikers are squadrons too. ???
Closed Thread