Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

For the Emperor's shiney things, attack!
Closed Thread
Old 27 Nov 2006, 03:01   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default For the Emperor's shiney things, attack!

I fought a battle against my brother's Grey Knights today, I lost (he unveiled his new Crusader and bludgeoned his way through my entire right flank) but that's not important. What's important is what we fought for.

After setting up the terrain we rolled for mission type and wound up with take and hold. With no clear objective in the centre of the table (certainly nothing worth fighting for) we determined that occupying the centre point simply represented one army getting the upper hand on the other and it was of no tactical value but was simply about driving back the enemy. Of course, we needed something to represent the centre of the table so we both knew exactly what we were aiming for. And so we marked it with a bit of battlefield detrius, an old discarded jerry can in this instance.

It then occured to us as the game developed that these two armies were both laying waste to the other over an old jerry can. It wasn't even a particularly shiney jerry can. In the end when all lay dead or dying save for a charred and battle weary squad of Grey Knights, the Daemonhunters claimed their prize. My understanding is that they now plan to paint it gold and mount it on their Land Raider in honour of it's magnificent performance in the 'Battle of Jerry Can valley'. My assault Marines fully intend to steal it back mid-battle at the earliest opportunity.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 03:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Mage001 Send a message via MSN to Mage001
Default Re: For the Emperor's shiney things, attack!

Wow. Fighting to death over a jerry can. Can't get much weirder then that. Maybe next time you can fight over the 'Great Beer Can'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan
I'd like to call it... "Fair", I mean, she has boobs, how'd we compete?
Old 27 Nov 2006, 03:20   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mage
Wow. Fighting to death over a jerry can. Can't get much weirder then that. Maybe next time you can fight over the 'Great Beer Can'.
Tom plays Imperial Fists.

You need Space Wolves for the battle of the beer keg. Other side has to be Orks.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 03:35   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

LOL! I love it - Drinking and fighting go hand in hand for those two armies. The only thing more dangerous than an elite power armoured soldier of the Imperium is a drunken seven foot thug in power armour...with an axe. Probably doesn't matter what side you're on.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 03:37   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Mage001 Send a message via MSN to Mage001

Hurry Tom! Start a Space Wolf army and find an Ork player. ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan
I'd like to call it... "Fair", I mean, she has boobs, how'd we compete?
Old 27 Nov 2006, 06:09   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I didn't know what a jerry can was til the keg reference...I'm guessing it's a beer can cause you obviously aren't gonna throw a keg on your gaming table unless you're drunk or have no terrain.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 06:33   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yea, fickle English, we never really do know what they're talking about. In the end we just smile and nod.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 10:07   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to The_Greater_Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
The only thing more dangerous than an elite power armoured soldier of the Imperium is a drunken seven foot thug in power armour...with an axe. Probably doesn't matter what side you're on.
I'm putting that in my signature, that was just hilarious. ;D

If you need help with a Tau army list, go ahead and pm me, always willing to help.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 11:31   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Quote:
Originally Posted by the execution of all things
I didn't know what a jerry can was til the keg reference...I'm guessing it's a beer can cause you obviously aren't gonna throw a keg on your gaming table unless you're drunk or have no terrain.
A jerry can is a gas can basicly to be honest. Welcome to the world of british terms. The Keg just came aobut as something to be fought over next time rather than a can of gas.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 15:16   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Oh, sorry. Yeah, Jerry cans are so named because we stole the design from the Germans back in the war, back when they were the Jerrys and we were the Tommys.
Closed Thread