Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Terminator Assault Cannon Count?
Closed Thread
Old 24 Nov 2006, 01:25   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Terminator Assault Cannon Count?

I saw something alarming at the Game Store yesterday... I didnt want to be a jerk, so I simply watched the game and watched the guy chew everything up of some poor guy.

When I got Home, It bothered me so much that I opened up my Space Marine Codex, and thumbed through it, and still couldnt see why/how he could do this... but again, I dont want to scream Cheater.. yaknow?

Heres what he had: 5 Man Terminator Squads, with THREE Assault Cannons, and a power-weapon seargent. (3 groups of them.. he simply rended everything away)

Now, what Im basically asking is; is there some trait or something that allows 3 assault cannons in a terminator squads?

From all my research, you can only take 2 per squad, and the seargent cant buy one, because an assault cannon is not in the armory... and theres no trait that states "1 more cheese cannon per squad"

Could he possibly be playing a Chaos list?

Is he playing under old codex/3rd edition rules, maybe?

how how HOW?
Old 24 Nov 2006, 01:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Terminator Assault Cannon Count?

He's cheating - it's that simple.

No Trait allows you to do this, Chaos doesn't even get Assault Cannons, and in 3rd Edition the AC didn't even have Rending!
Old 24 Nov 2006, 01:31   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

As far as I know Chaos doesnt even get assault cannons, the whole no new tech since the heresy thing kinda puts a damper on that, no storm bolters either. Also there is no trait that gives more weapons to terminators and as you said the sergeant doesnt have access to one either. So the simple answer would be he was indeed cheating. Even 3 squads of terminators with 2 assault cannons each would be cheesy but cheating on top of that is too much. I would have called him on it, theres no reason not too when someone is going to take advantage of their opponents ignorance like that.

Old 24 Nov 2006, 01:33   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Called him on it? I'd have gone up to the other guy and said something like:

"Hey, are you a bit new? There's a rule you missed, all your infantry wear ablative dampening armour which gives a 3+ invulnerable save from Rending attacks... if you roll a six to save the shot gets deflected back and hits the guy that fired."

Old 24 Nov 2006, 02:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
Called him on it? I'd have gone up to the other guy and said something like:

"Hey, are you a bit new? There's a rule you missed, all your infantry wear ablative dampening armour which gives a 3+ invulnerable save from Rending attacks... if you roll a six to save the shot gets deflected back and hits the guy that fired."

LOL!

Yeah, definitely call him a stinking cheat to his face...preferably in front of other people. But have your codex to hand, out of sight so you can produce it when he starts quoting non-existant rules.

I hate people like that. It spoils the fun for the other player and discourages them from continuing. How can it even be fun for the cheater? Ill gotten gains are one thing, but how can you revel in victory when you know you only attained it by cheating? It baffles me... :
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 24 Nov 2006, 02:38   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Man, that takes some effort. I am guessing that they were mostly metal terminators? The Plastic sprue only lets you field one AC per squad, so it isn't like he just set them up that way by accident (like some people do with weapons on Crisis Suits).
Old 24 Nov 2006, 13:12   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

The ONLY way that I know of to get three Ass cannons in a squad is to take a Space wolves wolf guard squad with NINE members.

A five man Terminator squad with three assault cannons is cheating...

Three of them is just stupid. Definitley call this bastard on it next time you see him. Throw a Codex at him!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 24 Nov 2006, 13:25   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Cheated. Pure and simple.

Of course, any more than 3 asscannons is beardy and cheesey anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
Old 24 Nov 2006, 21:17   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbidden knowledge, the shadow ninja rabbit!
Cheated. Pure and simple.

Of course, any more than 3 asscannons is beardy and cheesey anyway.
One day I mean to field a 'wing' of nine assault cannon armed Land Speeder Tornados painted in my usual Imperial Fist colours, but featuring black stripes across the hull. They shall be dubbed 'The Flying Tigars'. ;D

Cheesy or not, the sheer spectacle of something like that appeals to me, not least the very idea of having such horrifying and fluid firepower at my disposal. I imagine they'll fare best on a table with a lot of terrain, as their movement is unrestricted and the enemy line of sight would be hampered (they are fragile things after all).
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 24 Nov 2006, 22:45   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

heh yea, that reminds me of my half dozen dreadnaught army I started.. but never finished (only got up to 2).

Like you said, it would be the spectacle of seeing 6 dreads shoulder to shoulder, with a Techmarine marching along with them, that would be the point... that, and seeing the other guys face as you deploy them from hiding, one by one.. ;D