Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Black Templars Qn A
Closed Thread
Old 15 Nov 2006, 05:01   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Black Templars Qn A

Do I understand the Suffer not the unclean to live vow correctly for black templars? Correct me if I'm wrong but does this mean in close combat you can raise a Bt's strength to 7 by dropping his initiative to 1? And pics for any who are interested And can anybody report on success with chapter banners with BTs
Old 15 Nov 2006, 11:44   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190
Default Re: Black Templars Qn A

It means that yes, the Emperor's Champion and Dreadnaughts w/ out the DNCC arm will have strength 7, whereas your regular marines, and your commanders will have 5. Neophytes stay at 4.

I've never used a chapter banner, quite simply because I never have the points, that and I prefer to use the Holy Orbs.
Old 15 Nov 2006, 17:17   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

in the codex it states to a minimum of 1, meaning you can drop them to an initiative of 1, it doesn't say you can only drop their initiative once.
Old 15 Nov 2006, 20:57   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aun Mike
in the codex it states to a minimum of 1, meaning you can drop them to an initiative of 1, it doesn't say you can only drop their initiative once.
+1 strength -1 initiative is what you get with said vow.
Old 16 Nov 2006, 02:10   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

"When rolling to wound in close combat the black templars add +1 to their strength. It takes time for them to summon their holy strength, so they strike at -1 to their initiative (to a minimum of 1). Dreadnoughts in the Army are bound by this vow, but neophytes are not. When rolling for a sweeping advance, the Black Templars use their normal initiative value. This strength bonus is not cumulative with that conferred by the Furious Charge veteran skill." Like I said they would say you can only drop their initiative once, not say to a minimum of one, what else would it leave me to believe.
Old 16 Nov 2006, 02:20   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

It says "+1", not "+2", not "+3", just "+1". It's said because if you used it with a power fist (to S9), you wouldn't drop to I0.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
Old 16 Nov 2006, 05:07   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

well that makes sense although the maximum strength anything can be is ten, I showed the staff at GW this rule and they agreed with me. If I can play that way there, it should be acceptable anywhere, all of them agreed not just one red shirt but 8. So where did you guys get your info, and what's the number to the direct rules hotline? I definitely need to know the absolute truth before I can , I really dont mean to argue with my fellow BT commanders, but I must get to the bottom of this: so here's what I'll do if you are in favor of initiative 1 strength 7 initates, say AYE!
If you are in favor of +1 strength and -1 initiative initiates say NAY! WHAT SAYS THIS COUNCEL

Good Hunting
Old 16 Nov 2006, 06:19   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Well, my two cents would say it's +1 max with -1 max with absolute lowest Initative of 1. I think that was how it was intended to be worded as well. The other way makes the rule a bit strong I would think. Normal troops able to damage anything short of a landraider? With thier CCWs? No, I don't think so.....
Old 16 Nov 2006, 11:45   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

I have to agree with Spirit on that one, it would be WAY to over powered if you could do that. You'd be instakilling IG Commanders that way.
Old 17 Nov 2006, 22:34   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thank you , you have brought light to a fledgling Marshall... Thanks guys
Closed Thread