Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Attached characters in a command squad led by a special character
Closed Thread
Old 04 Nov 2006, 00:26   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Attached characters in a command squad led by a special character

I have recenty upgraded Brother-Sergeant Krull to Codicier status to better represent his legendary status within my army.

Now, I'm aware I can attach him to another HQ character's command squad (Termie or vanilla), but if I were to lead my army into battle with Lysander, could I attach him to that command squad?

I only ask because I want to take a Damocles as my second HQ choice, but I don't want to have to promote and demote Krull as the situation dictates, just so I can get him into the army (and not taking him is not an option).
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 04 Nov 2006, 01:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Attached characters in a command squad led by a special character

Let me ask you this. Is there anything, anything at all, different about Lysander's command squad? I think we both know the answer: no. There's nothing stopping you from attaching Book-Krull to the command squad. So go right ahead!

Since when do sergeants randomly gain psychic powers? :

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
Old 04 Nov 2006, 12:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well what's stopping me is that Lysander is neither a Commander, Librarian or a Chaplain and that rule only applies to those three Independent Characters. We all know that he's a commander in spirit, possesing the 'Rites of Battle' special rule and commanding the first company, but there's nothing to say he 'counts as a Space Marine Commander'. By the spirit of the rules I can do it, but would it be tournament legal?

As for Krull, he's not actually spontaneously developed psychic potential, I've just made him a Librarian so he has greater survivability. Also, I wanted a way to better represent his thuggish and fearsome nature (he's become somewhat of a legend in my army), and what better way than to give him the means to scare away his enemies and a big hammer capable of slaying a Carnifex with a single blow? Storm of the Emperor's Wrath might represent his souped-up Storm Bolter quite well too, but that'd cost an extra 25 points, so I don't know how keen I am on that.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 04 Nov 2006, 14:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
The squad may have other characters attached to it as normal.
Last sentence under "Command Squad".

That should answer your question. I suppose we should read the rules, eh? ^^'

And I'd think that a Reclusiarch would work better for Krull.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
Old 04 Nov 2006, 15:53   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abael
Quote:
The squad may have other characters attached to it as normal.
Last sentence under "Command Squad".

That should answer your question. I suppose we should read the rules, eh? ^^'

And I'd think that a Reclusiarch would work better for Krull.
Perfect, thanks!

A reclusiarch is a good choice, but I've already got a Termie Chaplain and I thought it was about time to start testing out this 'Fear of the Darkness' jobby that everyone's raving about. Given Krull's illustrious and bloody history within my army, I think it would be most appropriate if the enemy would run screaming when he materialises amongst them. >
Closed Thread