Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Imperial Fists 1st Company Colour Scheme?
Closed Thread
Old 03 Nov 2006, 14:26   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Imperial Fists 1st Company Colour Scheme?

Hi all.

I was wondering if any of you know the official colour scheme for the Terminators fo the 1st Company of the Imperial Fists? Are their helmets totally Blood Red or just a red stripe down the centre of their helmets?
Old 03 Nov 2006, 16:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Imperial Fists 1st Company Colour Scheme?

Neither. Just plain yellow all over...except for the Aquila of course; you've gotta have some red on there.

Paint 'em however you think looks best though. As a Fists player, you are the Chapter master, so if you think they should have a red stripe, then give 'em a red stripe.

Have you got any photos of your Imperial Fists? I always love to see how other people have painted theirs...Komrad's are amazing.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 04 Nov 2006, 00:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Actually, I used to have Captain Lysander painted up. Then I realised I was using the wrong yellow. Sunburst Yellow as the base colour in fact. So I had to dump him in a jar of thinner. Going to paint him up again. Got a box of Close Combat Terminators recently and intend to paint them up in Imperial Fists colours as well.

Yes. I have seen Komrad's Imperial Fists. They are great!
Old 04 Nov 2006, 00:19   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

I did it the other way round; I originally used a golden yellow/skull white mix and I've just started using sunburst yellow instead. The difference can be seen below. The two on the left were painted with the golden yellow/skull white mix, while the one on the right was painted with sunburst yellow:

Personally, I prefer the sunburst yellow because it doesn't darken too much when I apply orange ink. As such, it has more depth because I can be liberal with the ink.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 04 Nov 2006, 01:32   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Hmm...it does look a lot brighter than the other two.
Old 04 Nov 2006, 11:57   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

I'd actually say he looks darker, but the tone is much better. If I applied orange ink to my original termies, they'd darken to orange. Here's how I paint mine:
  • White undercoat.
  • Yellow ink.
  • Heavily drybush with one or two coats of sunburst yellow.
  • Apply very thin mix or orange ink.
  • Highlight by drybrushing the edges with skull white.

So how have you been painting yours?
Old 04 Nov 2006, 12:08   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
I'd actually say he looks darker, but the tone is much better. If I applied orange ink to my original termies, they'd darken to orange. Here's how I paint mine:
  • White undercoat.
  • Yellow ink.
  • Heavily drybush with one or two coats of sunburst yellow.
  • Apply very thin mix or orange ink.
  • Highlight by drybrushing the edges with skull white.

So how have you been painting yours?
Orange ink? Bleh!

I always though chestnut ink looks way better on yellow marines.
Old 04 Nov 2006, 12:16   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterCresent
Orange ink? Bleh!

I always though chestnut ink looks way better on yellow marines.
Mmmm...that might be worth a try. Just afraid it'll look too dark though. Cheers Krez.
Old 04 Nov 2006, 15:47   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I forgot where I read this but the article suggested this method. Wel, according to the author.

Bubonic Brown as the basecoat. Then slowly work your way up with thin layer of Golden Yellow. Leave the recesses between the armor with Bubonic Brown. Then highlight with Sunburst Yellow and final thin highlight of Skull White.

Not sure if I even remember the contents of that article correctly!
Old 04 Nov 2006, 15:50   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to The_Greater_Good

Well they are basically the same with a red stripe on their heads. Maybe paint their armour all red with yellow trim except their helmet? I don't know just trying to be proactive.

If you need help with a Tau army list, go ahead and pm me, always willing to help.
Closed Thread