Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Painting Blue Blood Angels
Closed Thread
Old 31 Oct 2006, 12:36   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Cheeko89
Default Painting Blue Blood Angels

Ok i have decided to make paint my marines in a blend of ultramarine blue + enchanted blue. However i want to use ALL Blood Angel rules.. my friends refuses to play me saying its ilegal but my other friends uses another blood angel army in a different scheme from red and uses it in Tourneys....
Should i still paint my marines blue as i like it OR should i paint them red to less hassel with people?
Old 31 Oct 2006, 13:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Painting Blue Blood Angels

You can paint them any colour you want, it's really your decision. If you do paint them blue you'll have to be sure your opponent knows that you're using Blood Angel's rules.

You could just say that they're a Blood Angel successor chapter that for some reason painted their armour blue.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 16:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Indeed as long as your clear about what they are that's fine.

However if you're painting them blue, and using Ultrmarine unit markings and using a Marneus Calgar miniature as your Master then its not cool.

However if they're painted blue, with unique (or blood angel style) chapter markings, with Death company, Baal preadtors and Furioso dreadnoughts then there's no problem.

Just make sure they're easily distinguished from ultramarines.

Perhaps paint the shoulder pad fields in red? That will give a cool/unique look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 17:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

If someone gives you hassle about it, just point at their unpainted miniatures and demand to see their 'Codex: Grey Blobs', to check the legallity for taking allied Grey Blobs in their army. 8)

I'm all in favour of WYSIWYG and I hate half-arsed proxies (like upside down cups to represent drop pods), but it's absurd to take issue with someone's colour scheme when they've told you what chapter it is. Even more so if the same people are fielding unpainted miniatures; I mean, by their own logic, what right do they have to say they've got a Khorne army, an Alaitoc war host or a Dark Angels army if it's all grey and faceless? >
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 17:52   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to The_Greater_Good

Claim it's a chapter that believes it still uses Sanguiniuses gene-seed and that its pure.

If you need help with a Tau army list, go ahead and pm me, always willing to help.
Closed Thread