Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Land Raider crusader parts question........
Closed Thread
Old 29 Oct 2006, 17:08   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Land Raider crusader parts question........

Hey I just about got this land raider crusader and a squad of termies as a present from my dad's business tip.

But the catch is I am not a space marine player, but a chaos one. But I don't mind it as it is a gift from a loving dad.

And now I have to ask a few questions about this tank. I am asking as I don't want to get confused over the foreign parts later.

1) Do they have lascannons inside the land raider crusader sprues? like a skyray have both skyray and hammerhead stuff? And how many if there are any lascannons.

2) can some of the parts be used on other models?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 17:15   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX
Default Re: Land Raider crusader parts question........

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis_vyper
1) Do they have lascannons inside the land raider crusader sprues? like a skyray have both skyray and hammerhead stuff? And how many if there are any lascannons.

2) can some of the parts be used on other models?
1 - It comes with two twinlinked lascannons on a plastic sprue as well as the metal hurricane bolters. It also still has the plastic twin-linked heavy bolter as well as the twinlinked assault cannon and mounted multi-melta. You will be able to build the normal land raider and normal land raider crusader from this box (just like Hammerheads from the Skyray box).

2 - Assault cannons do not exist in Chaos, so you won't use it in Chaos. It could be attractive to other players who want to convert more assault cannons for termis or something though, or for conversions to make land speeder tornadoes, so if they're of no use to you, they're of good trade value to others perhaps. The multi-melta is also very limited in Chaos, so not likely to be useful to anyone really. The Hurricane bolters only exist on LRC, so again, not useful to you. The extra bits are useful to other people with loyalists armies though.

Cheers!
Old 29 Oct 2006, 17:25   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I find the hurricane bolters excellent in making combi-weapons. Such as a combi flamer; you take a terminator heavy flamer, clip off the top bit of the nozzle, and glue on the bolter. Pretty simple.

As for the assault cannons, I find that they are simply too large for the terminators. However, they are excellent for landspeeders.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
Old 29 Oct 2006, 19:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

LOL! Can you imagine a Teminator hefting an assault cannon that size?

"Need a hand there, Jim?"
"Nah, I've got it...perhaps you could hold me steady when I fire it though?"
"Sure, but can't your Servitor retinue do that for you?"
"No can do; they're carrying the ammo."
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 19:26   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I actually used it when I had run out of assault cannons. Tipped the model over too much; he's got a real one now.
Even Terminators have guns bigger than they are.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
Old 30 Oct 2006, 01:16   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

"It's not the size of the gun, it's how you fire it, Sergeant." Stated Leiutenant Davis toting his laspistol smugly. Without a word, Sergeant Palaski pointed at a nearby Terminator squad clearing the next bunker. The lead Marine smashed the steel door in with his right foot, pointed his Storm Bolter into the opening and let rip. The ground under their feet vibrated and dust trickled down the trenchline walls as the weapon thundered away, spewing incandescent death into the stronghold. Micro-explosions resounded with the screams of the dying as the percussion warheads burst, sending lethal splinters of metal bouncing around inside the bunker. Bright light flickered and danced inside, spilling from the vision slits. Suddenly all fell eerily silent. The Marine took a step into the doorway to take a look then, satisfied with the mayhem he had wrought, went on his merry way.
Davis looked deflated, turning his ornate laspistol over in his hand to study the decorated grip. After the longest silence he looked at his second in command and finally declared; "I want one of those."
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Closed Thread