Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Arena: A Tournament of Champions Entrant Application
Closed Thread
Old 28 Oct 2006, 23:36   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Arena: A Tournament of Champions Entrant Application

Welcome to the Tournament of Champions. Here you may enter your chosen characters into the tournament, where they shall be pitted against the other Marine champions of Tau Online. This will be a chance to display your finest and earn the glory of the Tournament.

The Rules
-Can be any character (from Veteran Sergeants to Chaplains to Librarians) from any chapter.
-No special characters or vehicles allowed.
No line troopers allowed. This means no melta gunning marines running around pasting the characters before they get into combat.
-No S8 ranged weapons. This pretty much means no combi-meltas. This rule doesn't apply to close combat weapons, so you can have Power Fists.
-There is no points limit, however, all restrictions placed upon the character still apply (i.e. wargear limits).
-If an upgrade character is taken (i.e. Veteran Sergeant), the squad will not take part in the combat.
-Force Weapons deal an additional D3 wounds (i.e. You deal one wound and roll a 1 on the D3, dealing 2 wounds total). Instant Death! still applies in full.

In order to enter, you must supply the following information:
Character Name
Character Type (Captain, Epistolary, Terminator Sergeant, etc.)
All weapons
All wargear

The following are not necessary, but are greatly appreciated:
A picture of the painted miniature (Please, one picture per entry)
A piece of fluff describing the character; it's much more entertaining if they are characterful!

Remember, all chapters are welcome!

If you have any questions, please sent me a personal message or post in the Discussion thread.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
Old 29 Oct 2006, 01:30   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Arena: A Tournament of Champions Entrant Application

Well, once again, here's my chap: Brother-Sergeant Krull of the Imperial Fists:

[hr]

Brother Sergeant Krull is a Terminator Sergeant I named as a joke back when I first started playing. The name stuck and as he and his men etched a glorous and vilolent legacy he developed his own 'personality', with my opponent and I doing little skits.

Krull was raised by Ogryns (hence the name) and solves everything with a measure of violence. Throughout his countless years on the battlefield, Krull has ever sought out and destroyed enemy tanks, regarding infantry as merely a nuisance in the persuit of greater prey. His ruthless brutality towards the enemies of the Imperium and his general tenacity have earned him the Crux Argentum, which he bears proudly on his left shoulder. These days he never goes to battle without his 'lucky track link' hooked to his belt.

Not content with the shootyness of a conventional storm bolter, he has ripped one of the larger varients off an enemy vehicle's cupola mounting and had it refitted with a pistol grip. Krull is ever on a quest for nuclear bolter shells for just a bit more Dakka.

Krull has been represented with three different models so far, this is his thrid incarnation.

[table]
[tr][td] [/td][td] Weapons and equipment:
  • Terminator Armour
  • Storm Bolter
  • Thunder Hammer
70 points[/td][/tr][/table] [table][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 05:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Sweet! I've seen a couple of these on different forums, but I was always too late to join! Looks like I got here in time. Anyways here's my character.

Name:Valen

Type:Epistolary

Weapons:Force Sword & Bolt Pistol

Wargear(Edited):Psychic Hood, Iron Halo, Master-Crafted (Force Sword), Jump Pack, Frag Grenades & Terminator Honours

Total Points:192

Valen often goes behind enemy lines to perform sabotage or assassinations, taking with him a squad of experienced assault marines. He is very stubborn and thinks things over carefully before doing them. He has many awards for his daring attacks on the enemy's most valuable units. He takes immense pride in killing an enemy leader or a very powerful adversary.

I would have a picture except my webcam isn't working for some reason.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 19:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Hey

My techmarine will enter this

His name is Chief Techmarine Kaelen

He is a Commander Techmarine(3 wounds)

He's got a Bolter, Power Weapon, Twin linked plasma pistol, flamer and two servo arms

He has a full servo-harness, Bionics and a Iron Halo

145pts

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...techmarine.jpg

Kaelen usually leads a unbeleveible assault on the enemy lines. He has earned alot of nicknames through his travels "The Walking Gunship" Being the most fitting for he shows no mercy on the enemies of the emperor.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 22:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Sweet! We got another one!

And Arclet, is it just the picture or is your techmarine really pink?
Old 01 Nov 2006, 16:01   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Lol, well kinda because my colour scheme is blood red mixed with skull white so it sometimes turns out a bit pink. ;D