Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Terminator Terminator Honors
Closed Thread
Old 13 Oct 2006, 13:36   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Terminator Terminator Honors

Can a Terminator Sgt. take terminator honors? Technically he already has them (hence the armor, extra attack, Ld 9, and access to the armory) but it doesn't SAY that he has them, nor is it an optional upgrade in his entry, so RAW says it is allowed. What do you guys say.

Keep in mind that any HQ model must already have terminator honors (why are they in command if they aren't good enough for termie armor?) but that they may select it from the armory.

A side question: Terminator armour comes with terminator honors (what a deal!) can you also buys honors again? (i doubt it, but let's spark some debate)

Final question: Say you buy a vet sarge some terminator armor. It comes with Honors. Can you just pay XX points and make him a vet with termie armor, or do you have to pay YY pts to make him a vet and give hima rmory acess, and then XX pts more to give him the armor. And can you even give a vet sarge termonator armor when he is in a tac squad?

Man, I am just bursting with questions today.
Rapid Fire

Gets 'em every time

Old 13 Oct 2006, 14:16   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll
Default Re: Terminator Terminator Honors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustafer Jones
Can a Terminator Sgt. take terminator honors? Technically he already has them (hence the armor, extra attack, Ld 9, and access to the armory) but it doesn't SAY that he has them, nor is it an optional upgrade in his entry, so RAW says it is allowed. What do you guys say.
No, Terminator armour provides Terminator Honours and wargear can NOT be selected twice. This is specified in the Wargear entry in your Space Marine Codex.

Quote:
Keep in mind that any HQ model must already have terminator honors (why are they in command if they aren't good enough for termie armor?) but that they may select it from the armory.
No they do not. They may take Terminator Honours but they do NOT automatically come with them.

Quote:
A side question: Terminator armour comes with terminator honors (what a deal!) can you also buys honors again? (i doubt it, but let's spark some debate)
If you buy Terminator Armour you can NOT purchase Terminator Honours again unless you needed to in order to get the Terminator armour in the first place. (Note that this doesn't provide +2 attacks, just the usual +1)

Quote:
Final question: Say you buy a vet sarge some terminator armor. It comes with Honors. Can you just pay XX points and make him a vet with termie armor, or do you have to pay YY pts to make him a vet and give him armory acess, and then XX pts more to give him the armor. And can you even give a vet sarge termonator armor when he is in a tac squad?
A sergeant in a Tactical squad must purchase Terminator Honours before he may purchase the armour. Yes he may be equipped with Terminator armour when in a Tactical squad, No he does not gain +2 attacks, No he may not purchase Terminator Honours again.
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Old 13 Oct 2006, 15:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Wow, ok, that answers that. Thanks.

I know that the HQ characters don't litterally come with Term. Honors, I just mean that you can't rise to that level without them, so it doesn't make sense that we can purchase them from the armory. I know that there is a lot in this game that doesn't make sense, such as having to buy honors for a Sgt. before you can buy term. Armor, which comes with them. And, are you sure you can buy Term. armor for vet Sgts, since They already have term. honors. I think you can, of course, but the rules can be a little too open to interpretation sometimes, or be a little too narrow minded in other ways.
Rapid Fire

Gets 'em every time

Old 13 Oct 2006, 20:37   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Very simple answer to this question.

Do terminator honours have a small "T" next to them in the armoury?

No they don't.

So that means models in terminator armour cannot select them.

Since a tactical squad veteran seargant has terminator honours, he can't take the armour, because it is not compatible with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 13 Oct 2006, 21:17   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Good point, Falstead. best point yet, in fact.
Rapid Fire

Gets 'em every time

Old 14 Oct 2006, 18:46   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:

I know that the HQ characters don't litterally come with Term. Honors, I just mean that you can't rise to that level without them, so it doesn't make sense that we can purchase them from the armory.
You CAN take them from the armoury and they gain all benefits. I did say this in my first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout Sergeant Mkoll
Quote:
No they do not. They may take Terminator Honours but they do NOT automatically come with them.
Quote:
And, are you sure you can buy Term. armor for vet Sgts, since They already have term. honors. I think you can, of course, but the rules can be a little too open to interpretation sometimes, or be a little too narrow minded in other ways.
Sorry, my mistake with this one. I've re-read my codex and if you read it there is only 1 points cost which leads me to assume that single wounds models may not take Terminator Armour. This is backed up by the trait "Scions of Mars" stating that the points cost for Terminator Armour is ammended to 25/15 and that this DOES mean that single wound models can take Terminator Armour. So without Scions of Mars a sergeant may not take Terminator Armour. My mistake with this one, I apologize.
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Quote:
Old 14 Oct 2006, 19:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Quote:

I know that the HQ characters don't litterally come with Term. Honors, I just mean that you can't rise to that level without them, so it doesn't make sense that we can purchase them from the armory.
You CAN take them from the armoury and they gain all benefits. I did say this in my first post.
Stop. Re-read it and think about what he's saying. Hell, he never even said HQ character can't take Termie honours anyway. :

He's talking about it from a fluff perspective; ie. how could you rise to the rank of Captain without ever attaining Terminator honours?

Quote:
Quote:
And, are you sure you can buy Term. armor for vet Sgts, since They already have term. honors. I think you can, of course, but the rules can be a little too open to interpretation sometimes, or be a little too narrow minded in other ways.
Sorry, my mistake with this one. I've re-read my codex and if you read it there is only 1 points cost which leads me to assume that single wounds models may not take Terminator Armour. This is backed up by the trait "Scions of Mars" stating that the points cost for Terminator Armour is ammended to 25/15 and that this DOES mean that single wound models can take Terminator Armour. So without Scions of Mars a sergeant may not take Terminator Armour. My mistake with this one, I apologize.
So by the same token one-wound characters can't take bolt pistols, storm bolters or teleport homers either then? All the weapons and wargear are available to all models with access to the armoury (unless otherwise stated). As stated in the 'Armoury' section: "Where two points costs are shown, the first applies to models with 2 or more wounds, the second to models with 1 wound."
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 14 Oct 2006, 19:31   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Olannon

Quote:
So by the same token one-wound characters can't take bolt pistols, storm bolters or teleport homers either then? All the weapons and wargear are available to all models with access to the armoury (unless otherwise stated). As stated in the 'Armoury' section: "Where two points costs are shown, the first applies to models with 2 or more wounds, the second to models with 1 wound."
Dude, this one is simple. Re-read it please:

Quote:
"Where two points costs are shown, the first applies to models with 2 or more wounds, the second to models with 1 wound."
How on earth could you apply this when there is simply 1 points cost shown? It is really simple; when 2 points costs are shown it applies like this and like that. When there is only shown 1 cost it applies to everyone.

If you're simply trying to get something rolling here, please leave it be.

Quote:
He's talking about it from a fluff perspective; ie. how could you rise to the rank of Captain without ever attaining Terminator honours?
This is interesting; not to even mention the rank of Master. Probably has to do with the game balance I suppose; don't see any other reason. Have you ever heard of a Master that hasn't previously been granted the rank of terminator?

~Olannon
Old 14 Oct 2006, 19:34   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
Quote:
Quote:
Wow, ok, that answers that.* Thanks.

I know that the HQ characters don't litterally come with Term. Honors, I just mean that you can't rise to that level without them, so it doesn't make sense that we can purchase them from the armory.*
Stop.* Re-read it and think about what he's saying.* Hell, he never even said HQ character can't take Termie honours anyway.* *:

In which case I apologize for incorrect interpretation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
Quote:
Quote:
And, are you sure you can buy Term. armor for vet Sgts, since They already have term. honors.* I think you can, of course, but the rules can be a little too open to interpretation sometimes, or be a little too narrow minded in other ways.
So by the same token one-wound characters can't take bolt pistols, storm bolters or teleport homers either then?* All the weapons and wargear are available to all models with access to the armoury (unless otherwise stated).* As stated in the 'Armoury' section: "Where two points costs are shown, the first applies to models with 2 or more wounds, the second to models with 1 wound."
No, that's not what I said. The trait specifies that it allows single wound models to take Terminator Armour. which I believe to mean that without this trait single wound models may NOT take Terminator Armour.
Quote:

Quote:
Old 14 Oct 2006, 20:29   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
The trait specifies that it allows single wound models to take Terminator Armour. which I believe to mean that without this trait single wound models may NOT take Terminator Armour.
I disagree, there's no rule I am aware of to back that up. Why should single wound models not be allowed to take Terminator Armour when they can take other items of wargear? If it only makes a passing (and somewhat vague) reference to an absent rule regarding selection of Terminator Armour in the Scions of Mars trait advantage, then I don't think that's enough to go on, not by a long way. What if you don't use the optional traits system and stick purely to the codex army list? As far as I can see, there's nothing to say one-wound models can't take Terminator Armour.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Closed Thread