Send a message via MSN to Ferrox
Default New Commander With A Lil History

My First Custom Character.

Brother Alexion Dreta

Pts WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
Alexion 165 6 0 5(10) 4 3 5(1) 4 10 2+

Independant Character.

May Not Join Any other Unit.

Wargear : He may only use what is stated below.

Chaos Power Fist.
M-C Power Axe.
Artificer Armour.
Duconus's Seal

Special Rules :

A Final Step : After Alexion's brother fell to the ground, Alexion struck the Chaotic Leader
with a force strong enough that it broke the seal on the Enemies armour, once the slain
passed away Alexion dropped his bolt pistol and placed his enemies Power Fist firmly on
His own arm, But as He did he entered a stage of mutation with only his seals to stop it.

As a result of this Alexion has the benefit of Daemonic Flight but He uses His increased
muscle strength to power himself forward that no man on foot can match, He moves at
9" during movement not 12".

Love For A Brother : After Duconus's death, Alexion had His lost brothers soul bound into
a seal which now protects Him against the chaotic evil that dwells within this glove
and since then Alexion used the Power Fist that had killed His brother to bring judgement
against the Chaos Leaders, But within the presence of a Chaos Leader the Fist attempts to
regain command over its bearer as it contains the bound essence of the slain Leader, Alexion
must use the power of the seal to maintain his command of the fist.

If Alexion comes within 12" of a Chaos Leader he must at the begining of each Round roll 2d6
and make a succesful leadership pass (represents Duconus's spirit fighting the inner evil),
if he passes this test He may resume the round as normal, If He fails His body gives into the
Chaos Gods and He will Attack His own men until His Brother's seal can regain control.

Ambedexterity : Alexion is well trained in His use of power weapons, As a result of this
at the begining of each Assault phase he can declare which of His power weapons he is
using, but He may NOT use both in 1 turn.

If He chooses to use his Power Axe he strikes at normal Initative 5, If He chooses the
Power Fist he must strike at Initative 1 because of its weight and clumsyness.

IT seems fair to me, but I would very much like your critism on this one, Hes going to become the leader of my army if people approve of him and can make suggestions on how to make him fairer if needed.

(side note, all stats in () represent the use of the power fist)

Thanks

Fer.

1st Karma 4:07:51 AM

[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=43531.0]

Old 29 Sep 2006, 17:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: New Commander With A Lil History

Well, the bits in brackets denoting power fist stats are redundant because the powerfist rules are in the rulebook.* The bit about being allowed to choose between his power axe and fist is also redundant because all models can do that (also in the rulebook - specifically mentioning this example in fact).

[hr]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrox
As a result of this Alexion has the benefit of Daemonic Flight but He uses His increased
muscle strength to power himself forward that no man on foot can match, He moves at
9" during movement not 12".
This bit I don't understand.* Only jump troops and their ilk move 12" normally.* Other troops move 6" per turn...is that what you meant?

[hr]

I would assume you're keen to keep the 'Love For A Brother' rule, and although I think it's a bad idea, it's your character.* Although, might I suggest you either change the drawback for failing his morale test so that he is simply teated as 'pinned' (to represent his inner battle consuming him) or add an additional drawback for him as follows:

Taint of chaos:* A Space Marine known to have furious and inexplicably violent outbursts against his fellow Marines in the heat of battle is regarded with a deep sense of mistrust and suspicion by his battle-brothers.* His brutal effectiveness in combat and illustrious history within his company is all that fosters tolerence within his chapter.* The Inquisition would not look so favourably upon such obvious corruptiuon.*

No army may field any 'Daemonhunters' forces and Brother Alexion Dreta simultaneously.*
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 29 Sep 2006, 18:19   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thanks for the rule tip, The reason I put 9" instead of 12" is I think its a lil ott to let a normal guy run 12" but it seems a bit crappy to have him just running 6" as combat is his only real ally, unless I make it a sprint rule?

Pinned you say? As in he doesnt attack his own people just spends more time fighting himself than his foes.

Old 29 Sep 2006, 19:47   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well I'm still not sure what you mean about running 12", perhaps you're referring to 3rd edition rules or something? There's no such thing as 'running' in the conventional sense in the current rules. You could give the guy a jump pack (it'd make sense, given his 'fighty' nature) and that'd give him some real mobility without twisting the rules too much.

As for the 'pinning' thing, yeah, that's exacly what I mean. As the master of a Space Marine Chapter, would you really want to keep around a guy who goes schizo every so often and starts butchering your tactical squads? I'd have him shot as a traitor, or at very least court marshalled on account of his obscenely large number of friendly fire inccidents.

Mind you...he'd fit right in in the US Marine corps.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 29 Sep 2006, 20:58   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I'd bump him up to 175 points. I added up what I thought to be fair points for his goodies (i.e. 10 points for the 9", 10 points for WS6, 10 points for S5, 20 points for the wacky fist etc.) and tacked it onto a Master's stats, and it came up to that. Basically, I think he's worth 175 points.

I like Tom's idea for "Taint of Chaos", seems a nice, fluffy, and interesting (... well, sort of) rule.

The rule about turning on his own men is a bit vague. Does he act under the control of the chaos player in your turn, does he assault the closest allied squad using the most amount of attacks with whichever weapon the chaos player wants, do the men fight back, what?

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
Old 29 Sep 2006, 21:05   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Brother Alexion Dreta

Pts WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
Alexion 180 6 0 5(10) 4 3 5(1) 4 10 2+

Independant Character.

May Not Join Any other Unit.

Wargear : He may only use what is stated below.

Chaos Power Fist.
M-C Power Axe.
Artificer Armour.
Duconus's Seal.
Jump Pack.

Special Rules :

A Final Step : After Alexion's brother fell to the ground, Alexion struck the Chaotic Leader
with a force strong enough that it broke the seal on the Enemies armour, once the slain
passed away Alexion dropped his bolt pistol and placed his enemies Power Fist firmly on
His own arm.

Later on he fixed a Marine Jump Pack to Himself in order to reach his foes quickly and bring justice upon them, As a result He follows all movement rules for the Jump Pack and may deepstrike if the mission allows it.

Love For A Brother : After Duconus's death, Alexion had His lost brothers soul bound into
a seal which now protects Him against the chaotic evil that dwells within this glove
and since then Alexion used the Power Fist that had killed His brother to bring judgement
against the Chaos Leaders, But within the presence of a Chaos Leader the Fist attempts to
regain command over its bearer as it contains the bound essence of the slain Leader, Alexion
must use the power of the seal to maintain his command of the fist.

If Alexion comes within 12" of a Chaos Leader he must at the begining of each Round roll 2d6
and make a succesful pinning pass (represents Duconus's spirit fighting the inner evil),
if he passes this test He may resume the round as normal, If He fails His body gives into the Chaos Gods and He becomes pinned until the Seal can regain control.

Taint of chaos: A Space Marine known to have furious and inexplicably violent outbursts against his fellow Marines in the heat of battle is regarded with a deep sense of mistrust and suspicion by his battle-brothers. His brutal effectiveness in combat and illustrious history within his company is all that fosters tolerence within his chapter. The Inquisition would not look so favourably upon such obvious corruptiuon.

No army may field any 'Daemonhunters' forces and Brother Alexion Dreta simultaneously.

Redid him, What do ye think now.

Old 29 Sep 2006, 21:41   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Sounds like a reasonable price for all his advantages and handful of disadvantages, but the fact that he must operate alone and on the front line makes him extremely vulnerable to heavy weapons fire. He could very easily get insta-killed by a lascannon or a missile launcher. This might be such a massive weakness as to allow you to knock twenty points off or something. Space Marines are famed for their coordination and 'brotherhood' so it might be quite cool to see the self evident dangers inherant to being a lone wolf come into play.
Old 29 Sep 2006, 22:48   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Maybe a 5+ 4+ inv. save could work? just make a good story for it and raise the points to about 200

No Pity No Remorse No Fear
[hr]
"All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Edgar Allen Poe
[hr]
[quote=Earring (Busy Destroying the World)]
Don't worry too much...remember...females can smell fear
Old 29 Sep 2006, 23:55   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
The fact that he must operate alone and on the front line makes him extremely vulnerable to heavy weapons fire.
Throw an assault squad in front of him, that'll solve your problems.

Perhaps give him a refractor field (5+ inv.)? I don't see why marines can't have it in the first place, and it would serve its purposes. For this, maybe set him at 185.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
Old 30 Sep 2006, 00:51   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

It'd have to be something more akin to an adamantine mantle if you want to negate this disadvantage by increasing his cost even further. An invulnerable save will give him a chance, but he just needs to fail once and he's dead. :-\
Closed Thread