Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Tale of Sgt. Katz
Closed Thread
Old 21 Sep 2006, 18:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default The Tale of Sgt. Katz

Harken unto me, my fellow Marines. *Rally round, my battle brothers, and hear the tale of Sgt. Katz, veteran of the Lost Tribe, leader of the assault marines, and his brave defiance in the face of the savage Eldar and their False God!

Last night I played a 1000 pt. battle, and got soundly thumped by the Eldar. *However, Sgt Katz of the assault marines rose to fame as a shining example of what it means to be the Emporer's Finest. *After deepstriking far ahead of the main battle line, Katz and his marines found themselves cut off and sharply engaged by multiple eldar squads. *Fire from guardians in the cover of a ruined building cut down five of their brethen, and an assault from a squad of swooping hawks claimed the lives of two more.

Sgt. Katz, his power sword crackling with energy, struck down 3 of the Hawks, and sent them scurrying off the board. *He then turned his fury upon the guardians, who had been joined by a Farseer, and an Avatar of Khaine. *Undaunted, Katz and his two remaining men charged the enemy in cover. *3 rounds of fighting failed to produce a victor, though men on both sides fell durring the battle. *Finally, Sgt. Katz stood his ground alone, against the Avatar, the farseer, and the remaining guardians. *The Avatar swung his mighty sword, aiming to cleave Katz in two, but skillfully manuvering his combat shield, Katz deflected a pair of blows that would have slain any lesser marine. *Katz lopped the head off or a pair of Guardians, and prepared grimly to stand his ground to the end.

Suddenly, redemption was at hand. *Rabbi Schwartzman, the company Chaplain, arrived via Thunderhawk, deepstriking into the fray. *He pulled the farseer off of the heroic sarge in a rescue attempt. *Katz deflected yet another savage blow from the Avatar, but just as things were looking up, he was stuck down. *Rabbi Schwartzman fought on, buying the fallen Katz just enought time to activate his jump pack, blasting away to safety, badly injured, but ever pround. *I wouldn't be surprized if some day we are all saluting Captain Katz.

Yeah, that's right. *My Assault Sgt. stood up for 5 rounds of combat toe to toe with an Avatar of Khaine.* Anyone else around here bucking the odds?
Rapid Fire

Gets 'em every time

Old 21 Sep 2006, 18:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: The Tale of Sgt. Katz

Whhooo! What a hero! Maybe next time he'll slay the Avatar? Those two are going to have a vendetta every game now.

Revered Brother Vorn, my venerable Dreadnought and my brother's Avatar of Khaine have an ongoing feud. In my very first game, the Avatar waded in through a fusilade of assault cannon fire to destroy Vorn in close combat, but the resulting explosion snatched away the Avatar's last wound too. Now, every game in which those two meet, they each try to get one up on the other.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 21 Sep 2006, 18:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

With my marines my Tactical Sergeant Oscelo survived an encounter with a Greater Daemon of Tzeentch but otherwise not much. My Shas'O held up for more than 7 rounds of combat in cc with a Dreadnaught though. One more round and the game would have ended the close combat still continuing, oh well.

Old 23 Sep 2006, 18:21   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

My Assault Team (the hammer of god) held up a Tyranid force for 2 turns. Oh great Veteran Seargent Malchior you will be missed.

Also my mighty Commander Matthias "The Pure" With his Holy Brethren besides him they conmpletely delved into combat charging and never dying.

No Pity No Remorse No Fear
[hr]
"All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Edgar Allen Poe
[hr]
[quote=Earring (Busy Destroying the World)]
Don't worry too much...remember...females can smell fear
Old 24 Sep 2006, 04:37   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Those two are going to have a vendetta every game now.
Haha, that's like my vet. Sarge and my friend's ethereal. If the two came even close during the game, especially if the sarge was alone nobody would shoot them and just let them fight it out alone. Sometimes I would make him a captain just so he could be by himself.
Old 24 Sep 2006, 15:43   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
Haha, that's like my vet. Sarge and my friend's ethereal. If the two came even close during the game, especially if the sarge was alone nobody would shoot them and just let them fight it out alone. Sometimes I would make him a captain just so he could be by himself.
Hehe, if he manages to slay that Ethereal, I say you make the promotion official...or at least bestow upon him the Crux Argentum. You should definately decorate him for his victorys.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 24 Sep 2006, 17:02   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Pirate Send a message via Yahoo to Pirate

Ha! That's nothing! In my last game my Cannoness killed:
  • Two Tyranid Warriors
  • A Carnefex
  • A Hive Tyrant
  • And last but not least, a lictor

The Carnefex and one of the Warriors had one or two wounds gone already(the Carnefex had two wounds gone already IIRC), and I had to burn up all of my faith points in order to kill them. Still though, it was sweet. The look on my friend's face was priceless.