Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

In the wrong place at the wrong time
Closed Thread
Old 17 Sep 2006, 16:14   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default In the wrong place at the wrong time

Here's a couple pics of a battle I had against my brother's Daemonhunters today. It was just one of those cool moments that make the game great.

There was nothing wrong with the intended drop point for my brother's deep striking Grey Knights, they just scattered so far as to put them right in the middle of a big angry yellow machine. Needless to say, they didn't last long:

Fair play to them though, they made a hell of a last stand! They weathered three flamers, an assault cannon and thirty-one boltgun/pistol shots! After all that, five remained steadfast before Captain Joseph "Angry Joe" McGanner waded in with his big axe and butchered three of them, leaving the survivors to be mopped up by the rest of his legion.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 19:21   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: In the wrong place at the wrong time

Those poor GKs... I take it they were crushed, right?
Old 17 Sep 2006, 19:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Ouch, thats some nasty luck with the deep strike and yea those moments are absolutely great. I find they mostly happen after a game seems over and many players give up, fighting it out to the end usually ends up resulting as expected but man some crazy things can happen and thats what makes it fun. Like in my first bat rep I posted last night my vet serg from a tactical team survived a greater daemon chewing through his squad and made a suicidal charge into a mob of daemons. It was just plain fun especially when the sorcerer lord had previously tried to down him with two doombolts and both missed with a 1, even when one was re-rolled. Such moments are great. Kudos to the knights for lasting through so much punishment.

BTW though I dont see your captain in that picture, care to give a closeup of him, I bet the model is cool.

Old 17 Sep 2006, 20:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Black Mage
Those poor GKs... I take it they were crushed, right?
Yep...utterly. But they put up a good fight! Once they were laying face down in the dust, an Inquisitor stepped over their bodies to exact vengeance. He saw off the remnants of my assault squad before Angry Joe lunged forward to dispatch him too.

Here's angry Joe:

I love the model, especially his snarl (he's my first real green stuff accomplishment), but when I painted him I wish I had known what I know now...
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 20:21   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

How many did they take with em'? I'd think about 10 but i still want to know

No Pity No Remorse No Fear
[hr]
"All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Edgar Allen Poe
[hr]
[quote=Earring (Busy Destroying the World)]
Don't worry too much...remember...females can smell fear
Old 17 Sep 2006, 20:43   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias "The Purifier"
How many did they take with em'? I'd think about 10 but i still want to know
Actually, after the casualties inflicted in the shooting phase, the Grey Knights were only able to dispatch three assault Marines (two of them were slain by the Justicar). The Inquisitor behind them (out of picture) battered a further three to the ground with his thunder hammer, sending the survivors jetting for the safety of a nearby ruin. Having won the combat, he consolidated into Angry Joe, who proceeded to pull his arms off and beat him to death with them (they don't call him Angry Joe for nothing).

[hr]

You guys are remarkably fascinated by this...I just thought it was a fun situation to photograph because it's not often such an iconic scene takes place (you know...a 'last stand' situation). But perhaps I'll have to do a whole battle report for you? If the weather is good in a couple weeks time (my next game), I'll take the table outside and try to take some photos of the battle as it unfolds. I'll persuade my opponent to play a 2000 point game so there's a nice variety of units in play.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 21:28   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I will be looking forward to your planned Battle report.

If I may give some suggestions:

Pictures really help to make a better report. It also would be nice if both army lists would be included.
Post turn by turn happenings. After the report post some afterthoughts about what you should do different next time, what went wrong/good in the game?

So, succes on your next game!

Old 17 Sep 2006, 21:33   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

I will be sure to revere the arm rip-offness of angry joe

No Pity No Remorse No Fear
[hr]
"All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Edgar Allen Poe
[hr]
[quote=Earring (Busy Destroying the World)]
Don't worry too much...remember...females can smell fear
Old 17 Sep 2006, 21:38   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stam
I will be looking forward to your planned Battle report.

If I may give some suggestions:

Pictures really help to make a better report. It also would be nice if both army lists would be included.
Post turn by turn happenings. After the report post some afterthoughts about what you should do different next time, what went wrong/good in the game?

So, succes on your next game!
Yeah, a battle report without pictures is pretty dull (sorry Vash). As good as your fluff may be, people want to see an epic battle unfolding. That's one of the things we love most about the hobby, right?

[hr]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias "The Purifier"
I will be sure to revere the arm rip-offness of angry joe
He does legs too...but only on special occasions.
Closed Thread