Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Brother Sergeant Krull of the Imperial Fists
Closed Thread
Old 11 Sep 2006, 17:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Brother Sergeant Krull of the Imperial Fists

I've made a new model to represent a particularly illustrious character in my army, Sergeant Krull, leader of my tank hunting Termies. He's my best model to date and my favourite character...his arrival is both highly anticipated and greatly feared at the same time and many a game has been swung in my favour by the ruthless exploits of Sergeant Krull and his merry band of thugs. He never seems to mess up his teleportation, if not landing on target, then at least landing safely. And it's a bizarre turn of events when Krull finishes a battle without having destroyed at least one vehicle. So, I thought it was about time I wrote up some of the fluff that has, over the course of countless games, seemingly written itself!

If character fluff is something you like reading then by all means read on...otherwise, don't waste your time reading my inane drivel.

[hr]

[size=18pt]Brother Sergeant Krull of the Imperial Fists[/size]

Space Marine chapters recruit only the most promising aspirants, from whatever walk of life they may hail, the space-faring Imperial Fists more so than any other. And Krull’s beginning was a peculiar affair, by any standards.

Chaplain Ceasarian Barridas of the Imperial Fists, travelling among the barbaric tribes of the volcano world Kanak, had heard tell of a particularly fierce tribe of native Ogryns that were apparently led on their raids by a human male; a man of titanic proportions with such terrifying savagery as to rival the most ferocious tribal chieftains. In search of potential recruits, Barridas saw fit to seek out this feral beast of a man, and after many weeks of searching was able to track him and his Ogryn kin high into the volcanic peaks. To survive in such a harsh climate was an impressive feat in its own right. His strength and endurance were beyond question and, commanding the respect of a tribe of Ogryns clearly marked him out as a natural born leader. Having observed the tribe’s shrewd tactics in several raids over the past weeks, Barridas knew he had found his candidate. All that remained was to test his fighting spirit and win his allegiance.
It was on the fiery slopes of mount Draconis that Barridas confronted him. Standing nearly seven feet tall and brandishing a massive war hammer, the man known as ‘Krull’ emerged from behind a cluster of rocks and in a primitive tongue challenged the Chaplain to single combat. The battle raged far longer that Barridas had ever expected but inevitably the Chaplain’s superhuman body outlasted his opponent and Krull collapsed, broken and exhausted, finally yielding to the Space Marine’s superior martial prowess. In that moment, Krull’s service to the Imperium began. And as he lay gasping for life on the slopes of the mountain, watching the black warrior’s fiery chariot descending from the crimson skies, he knew that his old life was drawing to a close and that he would soon be reborn anew.

Brother Sergeant Krull is among the most highly revered and deeply feared battle brothers in service within the Imperial Fists, perhaps second only to such legendary characters as Captain Lysander of the first company and those ancient brothers interred within the armoured sarcophagus of a blessed Dreadnought.
Krull has made his name as a tank-killer, ever seeking out armoured targets, regarding infantry as a mere nuisance in pursuit of greater prey. Over the course of nearly 300 years of combat, Krull has ascended to the position of brother sergeant within the first company and has received the Crux Argentum for his glorious acts of brutality and unwavering courage. These days, Krull never goes to battle without his ‘lucky’ track link, and hefts the oversized bulk of what was once a pintle-mounted storm bolter, wrenched free from its cupola fixing and reengineered into a personal weapon.

P.S. - You're probably thinking this belongs on a different board, but I just wanted to share it with my fellow Marine players, so I checked with Stam to see if I could post it here first.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 01:03   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Brother Sergeant Krull of the Imperial Fists

that is one sick looking marine.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 01:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Very nice, hopefully when my army starts seeing some regular action such characterful individuals will emerge. That kind of individual character was what I always liked about marines. Nice job and great model.

Old 12 Sep 2006, 06:55   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Cheers! He's a walking green stuff festival...the most heavily converted model I've ever made! ;D
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Closed Thread