Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Space Marines quiz #1 - Codex Space Marines
Closed Thread
Old 11 Sep 2006, 15:02   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Space Marines quiz #1 - Codex Space Marines

Quiz closed!

I found it time for the Space Marines to have their own quiz. Just like the Orks have, created by Iveatch.

This quiz is entirely about the Codex Space Marines. All the answers (except for the bonus question) can be found in the Codex. I have designed the quiz so you guys will have to read the whole Codex to get the correct answers, if you don't already know them.

Please send me a Personal Message (PM) with the answers. You are only allowed to enter the quiz 1 time.
Get 10 out of 12 questions (and one bonus question) correct and you will be awarded with a Karma point, and you have the bragging rights that you know the Codex. After you have send me the answers please post a reply here in this thread so I can give you your +1 Karma point. You can send me a PM here.

Here are the questions and the answers:

1. What type of 'model' is the most used and well known Bolter?

998. model bolter: Godwyn pattern

2. What is the most important to a Chapters survival?

The Gene-seed

3. What is the most sacred relic of the Ultramarines?
Gauntlets of Ultramar/Banner of Macragge/Primarchs body

4. How many HQ Characters can you take in an army per force
organisation chart?

Six; Each Hero can have a Chaplain and Librarian as part of his Command Squad.

5. What is the main Space Marines base of operations called?
The fortress Monastery

6. Name at least three different loyalist Primarchs

Corax, Dorn, El'Johnson, Ferrus-Manus, Guilliman, Khan, Russ, Sanguinius, Vulcan

7. From how many different weapons can you choose to give to the Dreadnought?

Seven, if you go buy the latest Marine Codex: Assault Cannon, TL Lascannon, Multi-Melta, Storm Bolter, Heavy Flamer, Missile Launcher and the DCCW

8. What is the Black Carapace?
Membrane that is implanted to allow his internal organs to interface directly with a suit of Space Marine power armour,making the armour a natural exstention of his body.

9. What is the largest space vessel in a 'standard' Space Marines fleet?

Battle Barge

10. What does the squad marker (Insignia) for Tactical squads look like and on which shoulder guard is it mostly displayed?

Tactical Squads use an arrow symbol, displayed on the right shoulder

11. Which is the most expensive model in points value without any form of upgrades?

The Land Raider Crusader or the Epistolary

12. Where do aspirant Techmarines train? And what is that place?

Techmarines are trained on Mars, the largest Forge World in the Imperium, a planet-wide shrine to the Omnissiah, and home to Battlefleet Sol

Bonus question
Which two Space Marine Chapters do I have and collect? It's posted here on Tau Online.

No one has answered this question right. It is posted in the ''Meet the staff'' introduction thread.
Shadow Spectres and Salamanders.

[hr]

Hall of fame:

Wargamer
Tom Norman
Howloutloud
Terminatus
Archive
Darksteel
Vash113
Xenophobic
Novae the Bearded
Bash
Grimreaper
Mr Game
O Y Montyr

Tom Norman and O Y Montyr have answered all the answers right!

Old 11 Sep 2006, 19:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Space Marines quiz #1 - Codex Space Marines

Well a couple of the questions are miswritten or unclear and I can't for the life of me find out what two chapters you collect (except for the obvious), but I have PM'd my answers such as they are. If you'll clear up questions 4 and 10 thought, I'd be much obliged. If you re-read them as they are now, I'm sure you'll see that they don't make much sense.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 20:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Congratulations to you both!

+1 Karma given.

This quiz proves succesful, I have already gotten a couple of PM's with answers.

I changed some of the questions to make it better understandable.

But the next one will have more harder questions... :shifty:

Old 11 Sep 2006, 20:45   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I thought four and ten were pretty well written. Number one threw me for a loop though, it took me a second to realize that Stam wasn't talking about a little hunk of plastic when he said "Model". :P

So, did you guys have to look up any of the answers?
1. Do you intend to win even if it might take the fun of the game away from either yourself or your opponent?

If you answered yes to question 1, you are in fact a power gamer, and your list is probably either beardy or you can abuse the rules to make it such.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 20:51   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Wahaha. Easy money. ^-^

Maybe if I collect enough Karma points I can avoid being reincarnated as a toilet brush?

No? :-\

[hr]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive
I thought four and ten were pretty well written. Number one threw me for a loop though, it took me a second to realize that Stam wasn't talking about a little hunk of plastic when he said "Model". :P

So, did you guys have to look up any of the answers?
Stam's rewritten them since I made that comment...they're all better now.

I did have to look up the complete answer to number one because I only knew part of it. I also had to look up the answer to number nine. It's a misleading question though if you know your Imperial Fists fluff.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 20:52   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

I got it too .

#4 makes more sense now, I first read it when it was first posted and I assumed that it meant each individual HQ slot, not the entire FOC. Oh well, still got my kharma point :P.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

Current Armies: The Lone Wolves 2092 pts
Hive Fleet Basilisk 1601 pts
Old 11 Sep 2006, 20:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Nice job Archive and Darksteel!

+1 Karma given.

After this quiz has run for a week I will close it and I will put up the results and answers.

Old 11 Sep 2006, 21:02   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
I did have to look up the complete answer to number one because I only knew part of it. I also had to look up the answer to number nine. It's a misleading question though if you know your Imperial Fists fluff.
Oh man, I hope we didn't have to be specific for number one. I half guessed anyway though, so I guess it's not that bad if I got it wrong.

As for number 9, yeah I caught that too. I figured I'd put down both answers, and hoping Stam would be lenient.

I nearly looked up one and five. I couldn't remember the specifics of one, and I nearly gave a stupid answer for five until I got to nine and went back to correct myself. Good thing I caught it huh?

EDIT: Yay, my first Karma point! ;D
1. Do you intend to win even if it might take the fun of the game away from either yourself or your opponent?

If you answered yes to question 1, you are in fact a power gamer, and your list is probably either beardy or you can abuse the rules to make it such.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 21:12   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

An interesting quize indeed and a good excuse to simply re-read the codex.

Old 11 Sep 2006, 21:18   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

I had to look up #1 and 8... I named all 9 loyalist Primarchs from memory (I know... I was curious and had nothing better to do)...

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Closed Thread