Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Salamanders?
Closed Thread
Old 03 Sep 2006, 22:25   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Salamanders?

Is there really any other difference between marines and Salamanders other than they're I3?

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 03 Sep 2006, 22:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Salamanders?

They're not even subject to that anymore; that rule is third edition and therefore obsolete.

Their traits are laid out in the 'chapters of legend' section of the codex (page 45), other than that, their only differences are their colour scheme, chapter symbol and those superficial variations you make for yourself (ie. unit markings, honour badges, character backgrounds etc.). Other than that, they're like any other marine chapter.

Cool fluff though, and a great excuse to load up on thunder hammers and lizard pelts.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 03 Sep 2006, 23:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well... I4 certainly makes them a whole lot more attractive... for some reason I have been obsessed with them as of late... so they don't get anything like the BT's get their Sword berethren? They were out of the same codex... oh well, good enough for me...

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 04 Sep 2006, 02:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I do believe that you can find their special rules in the Codex Supplement:Armageddon.
You should be able to get it at your hobby shop, although it may be hard to find like the Eye of terror codex.
Old 04 Sep 2006, 02:20   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Like Tom said, those rules are on the very fringe of legality as they are an older incarnation... Their being demoted to Traits is a sin, however.
Closed Thread