Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Bionics Question
Closed Thread
Old 22 Aug 2006, 04:42   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Requisition Send a message via MSN to Requisition Send a message via Yahoo to Requisition
Default Bionics Question

Hey all,

I was playing at my local hobby store today against an Orc player(who was really someone that had many different army's and has been down there quite often.)

I was playing with my space wolves and had equipped them all with bionics. When I told him I was going to roll for bionics he told me that only HQs, sergeants, and independent characters could have bionics.

Is this true? I've played against others with army wide bionics, though he was a black templar player and has other bionic specials. I looked and it said nothing about bionics being restriced like that in either the space marine or space wolves codex. He did ask me if I was playing space wolves before he said that. Is this some kind of space wolves thing or am I just completely mistaken about bionics? Could someone explain to me the rules of bionics? Thanks!
Old 22 Aug 2006, 05:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: Bionics Question

Bionics is an option in the armory. Thus only models with access to the armory can take it. Meaning vet sergeants, HQs etc but the whole army cant take them. Besides at 5pts per model it would get rediculously expencive. So unless there is some special rule giving an entire army bionics then only those with access to the armory can take bionics.

Old 22 Aug 2006, 05:16   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Yes, the only way I know of to give a whole army bionics is one of the traits for the Imperial Guard. There is really nothing for other armies other than for HQ units and Vet Sgts.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 16:59   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Vanilla Marine players can make use of the 'Uphold the honour of the Emperor' trait advantage, which grants a 6+ invulnerable save. Could it be that other players were using that and you mistook it for army-wide bionics?
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 17:08   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requisition
Hey all,

I was playing at my local hobby store today against an Orc player(who was really someone that had many different army's and has been down there quite often.)

I was playing with my space wolves and had equipped them all with bionics. When I told him I was going to roll for bionics he told me that only HQs, sergeants, and independent characters could have bionics.

Is this true? I've played against others with army wide bionics, though he was a black templar player and has other bionic specials. I looked and it said nothing about bionics being restriced like that in either the space marine or space wolves codex. He did ask me if I was playing space wolves before he said that. Is this some kind of space wolves thing or am I just completely mistaken about bionics? Could someone explain to me the rules of bionics? Thanks!
Space Wolves cannot have Bionics on every model. Only those with armory access (ie: characters).
The Black Templar thing was most probably the trait they chose, and it was not bionics, but instead, an invulnerable save.

Bionics are wargear. Only those who can get access to the armory may purchase them and use them.
It's the same reason why Khorne Berserkers do not all have access to Feel No Pain. Same situation.

Edit - Due to complaint, just so this is clear, my post is not meant to discount anyone's opinion or response. Consider it "verification," while it may not be necessary or obvious to some, it is to others.

Cheers!
Old 22 Aug 2006, 18:09   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Vanilla Astares as Tom mentioned, and also Black Templars, can take the "Uphold the Honour of the Emperor" trait - unlike Bionics, it is an Invulnerable save and not a 'fallback' save, it applies to Double Toughness, and it only effects against shooting.

Only models with armoury access can select items from the armoury - in your case, HQ characters and Wolf Guard.
Old 23 Aug 2006, 01:49   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Requisition Send a message via MSN to Requisition Send a message via Yahoo to Requisition

Alright, thanks for all the information guys!
Closed Thread