Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Battle Honors/Awards
Closed Thread
Old 18 Aug 2006, 23:22   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Battle Honors/Awards

Well now that my new marines are getting some battles under their belts Ive started thinking about how to mark significant feats, campaigns fought etc. I was thinking purity seals but the Commanders cloak and perhaps the Chaplains jump pack are the only places to put such things and Im not sure how they would look after they start to increase in number. I used the transfers for bonding knifes for my Tau but they had the space for a few memorable marks, Im having a harder time finding such open spaces on my marines. So what do you guys do when you want to put an award on a character who has done well in a game?

Old 18 Aug 2006, 23:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90
Default Re: Battle Honors/Awards

have it right on the edge on the shoulder pad like on the flat bottom part, or on the side of the lower leg. theres space for ya

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Old 18 Aug 2006, 23:30   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I have seen purity seals covering almost every part of the SM. I put a seal on the Chainsword of my Company Champion. It looks really good.

The all consuming Y he are beyond the teachings of the Tau va And we Y he are proud of it

Lictor, Lictor, in a tree,
Stupid humans can't see me,
Reach out quick and cut one down,
See the rest all run around.
Quickly kill the last in line,
Hear the rest all squeal like swine.
Cut and slash and hack and slice,
Welcome to my paradise.
Lictor, Lictor in a tree,
No one's left to search for me.
Old 18 Aug 2006, 23:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I've seen the heraldry shields added to various models through out a force used for this purpose. The legs have plenty of room for seals and you could always add a company standard bearer to the force purely for fluff. Not to mention the banner poles could have scenes painted on them to show off "big" events.

Personally I don't bother with adding things like this to my models... but thats mainly because I haven't been a part of anything that I would consider significant enough.
Also, after the game, find his mini case and dump the contents into a grinder/shredder and then put what's left into a shaker. It goes great on pasta, pizza, nachos, etc., just like all other forms of cheese. - xShaperx
Old 19 Aug 2006, 00:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

I'm remodelling Squad Krull soon (Terminator squad). They've performed consistantly well throughout the battles they've been a part of, more often than not they have been the deciding factor to a game and in one game they single handedly obliterated nearly half of the enemy force. So I figured it's about time I upgraded their crusty, battered old right shoulder pads to spiffy new ones bearing carved Imperial Fists icons. I'm also bestowing upon them the Crux Argentum as a unit citation in place of their Crux Terminatus' (should make them stand out in a massive Terminator assault). For this, I will be using Forge World's Terminator shoulder pads.

As for tactical marines though...I dunno, you could reverse their shoulder pad colours, or paint their helmets in 'veteran' colours? Alternatively, you could attempt to remove their left shoulder pad and refit them with one bearing the Crux Terminatus? That will probably mean removing the whole arm though. You could make it something as simple as tally marks on their bolters?
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 19 Aug 2006, 04:15   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Alright Ive been thinking and come up with some ideas that you can do with your bits box.

Ceremonial Knife- Awarded for some outrageous feat.

Chest Medal (there are 4 types that come with the command box, small things to add to the commanders chest). You can award one of these for killing a large number of foes over time, perhaps once your commander has killed 100 enemies.

Purity Seal- One awarded for each campaign and/or tournament fought in.

Gold Armor Plate- Perhaps in recognition of going a certain number fo battles without falling.

Those are just some of my ideas. Anyone else got some of their own?

Old 19 Aug 2006, 04:41   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Check this out for some inspiration:

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4...es/default.htm

Good luck with those!

"Hold out baits to entice the enemy... If he is in superior strength, evade him... If he is taking his ease, give him no rest... Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected." ~Sun Tzu

Scientia potentia est
Closed Thread