Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

building a Blood Angels army, any advice.
Closed Thread
Old 15 Aug 2006, 12:38   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Dymondheart
Default building a Blood Angels army, any advice.

hey guys, i'm building a Blood Angels army, and could use some advice. i already have two Tac Squads, and a five-man Assault Squad (no upgrades as of yet). it's a 1000 point army, and i plan to use a Chappy and DC with jump packs, but oter than that, i'm a little stumped as to what to use. i was thinking two rhinos for my eight-man Tac squads, but that is 130 points. on top of my special weapons, and i need either an elites unit, or a heavy support. i am going for a speed assault army, and i'm not entirely sure how to make it point cost efficient. i used to play magic the gathering, and i am notorious in my group for my extremely quick victories, and brutal early game assaults (if any of you are familiar with that game). the Blood Angels seem to fit the bill of the "fastest" army in the Space Marines codices, and they have that little extra punch i enjoy in any game i play.

also, i have a couple questions about possible things that GW forgot to update. the Vet Assault squad seems over-costed by three points/model. i checked the SM codex and found that the normal assault marines can be made into furious charging marines for only 25 points per model (in version three the assault squads were more expensive, too). also, does the "vet sarge" refer to sargeants given terminator honors? i believe so, but i want to be sure. if there is any link to a thread answering these questions, could anyone give me that link? that would be very helpful, and you have my gratitude beforehand. thank you for being of assistance.

perhaps now you see the power of the light side!
Old 16 Aug 2006, 12:27   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: building a Blood Angels army, any advice.

hi man,

yeah i use to collect blood angels and took around 2 baal class predators, they have twin linked assault cannons and kicked major buttox to hoard armies, other marines, tanks, pretty much everything. dont bother with flamer on the sponsons though, just get em for the armour and the twin linked assaulties, they rock.

other than that, i dont have much advise, it sounds like u have your tactics sorted.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 08:45   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via Yahoo to uriel

if you take the vet assault squad give them meltas i never really played with alot of heavys in my list alot of my fast attacks did alot of the tank hunting and scouts rock for the BA.

Old 17 Aug 2006, 18:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to phish

Hey, glad to see there are other blood angels players on this forum! ( I have around 2.5k points of them)

Quote:
hey guys, i'm building a Blood Angels army, and could use some advice. i already have two Tac Squads, and a five-man Assault Squad (no upgrades as of yet). it's a 1000 point army, and i plan to use a Chappy and DC with jump packs, but oter than that, i'm a little stumped as to what to use. i was thinking two rhinos for my eight-man Tac squads, but that is 130 points. on top of my special weapons, and i need either an elites unit, or a heavy support. i am going for a speed assault army, and i'm not entirely sure how to make it point cost efficient. i used to play magic the gathering, and i am notorious in my group for my extremely quick victories, and brutal early game assaults (if any of you are familiar with that game). the Blood Angels seem to fit the bill of the "fastest" army in the Space Marines codices, and they have that little extra punch i enjoy in any game i play.

also, i have a couple questions about possible things that GW forgot to update. the Vet Assault squad seems over-costed by three points/model. i checked the SM codex and found that the normal assault marines can be made into furious charging marines for only 25 points per model (in version three the assault squads were more expensive, too). also, does the "vet sarge" refer to sargeants given terminator honors? i believe so, but i want to be sure. if there is any link to a thread answering these questions, could anyone give me that link? that would be very helpful, and you have my gratitude beforehand. thank you for being of assistance.
Definitely use the chappy with DC, there a great unit thats very hard to kill. I wouldn't reccomend giving them a rhino because in larger games you cant fit everything in it!

For a fast army rhinos are a must, especially blood angels ones. Even if they are an extra 15 points the extra 6" is definitely worth it. I usually give mine smoke launchers and extra armour too. For your assault squad, you could give it meltabombs and make it a tank hunting unit, or you could get 5 more and a vet with power fist, for a unit that can do anything.

For Elite units i wouldn't use veteran assault squads, I have always just seen them as overpriced assault squads. If you really want one go for the furioso dreadnaught with a drop pod. Put it right behind there army and they can either ignore it, and take a nasty hit, or they can shoot at it drawing attention away from your main force. Its definitely worth the points.

For heavy support i highly encourage you to use a Baal predator. TL Assault cannons....Greatest tank in the game.

And yes veteran sergeants are sergeants with terminator honors. Bye the way read the FAQ on the GW site if you haven't already.

--- Phish
Closed Thread