Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Podding on the edge - Risky or safe as houses?
Closed Thread
Old 29 Jul 2006, 01:31   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Podding on the edge - Risky or safe as houses?

Codex: Space Marines tells us that the scatter distance for drop pods is reduced as much as is necessary to avoid landing on impassable terrain or within one inch of an enemy model. It doesn't mention anthing about the table edge, so I just want to confirm that they're destroyed as normal if they scatter off the table?
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 29 Jul 2006, 04:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Podding on the edge - Risky or safe as houses?

Thats the way I've always played it. I think the actual deep strike rules mention the model missing the table and the drop pod rules dont mention that they are immune to plummeting off the edge of the known universe.
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Old 29 Jul 2006, 05:00   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Thats the way I've always played it. I think the actual deep strike rules mention the model missing the table and the drop pod rules dont mention that they are immune to plummeting off the edge of the known universe.
Ok, that's good enough for me, thanks.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 01 Aug 2006, 13:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

I'll second that.

The rules of Drop Pods state what they do prevent. They prevent you from hitting impassible terrain and enemy models.

Scattering off the board edge, is not terrain, nor enemy models.

If they scatter off, they're lost. Think of it as they landed too far away to join this particular fight.

** Bonus question (and this one always comes up, within a bit after that first question): What happens if you scatter into friendly units?

Cheers!

Edit: Whoops, didn't realise this was locked :-\
Old 02 Aug 2006, 03:17   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm using the Old IA Update rules to answer. (Hopefully, it may be the same as the SMurf one).

Quote:
If the drop pod lands on a model (I'm guessing this applies to both freindly and non-friendly models) move the model the minimum distant (this is a typo, this should be distance) to aviod the drop pod, they see it coming and get out of the way!
Plus:

Quote:
If a drop pod lands on a vehicle (also, assuming both friendly and non-friendly units), then both the cehicle and the drop pod take a glancing hit from the impact.
This may cause some confusion with the SMurf drop pod since I'm using the old IA Update rules. If there are any problems. Ignore my post!
Closed Thread