Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Teleporting Terminators with a transport option
Closed Thread
Old 23 Jul 2006, 23:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Teleporting Terminators with a transport option

The codex tells us a Space Marine Veteran Squad may only take the 'Infiltrate' special skill if they have not selected a transport option, I assume this is mostly for fluff reasons (vehicles are not very steathy), but Terminator squads have no such restrictions pertaining to deep-striking via teleportation.

Obviously you can't teleport a Land Raider, although I would have thought you could with a big enough teleportation chamber (you know; if they can teleport something as complex as a human being...), but are we to understand a Land Raider varient transport option can move onto the table from reserves simultaneously to the Terminator's arrival? It could be assumed that the vehicle is being sent forwards to retrieve the Terminators once they have dispensed whatever mayhem they see fit.

I only ask because I am always keen to field my Prometheus, but I don't necessarily want to stuff it chock full of Termintors...often, I'd rather teleport.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 24 Jul 2006, 11:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Teleporting Terminators with a transport option

page 81 paragraph 1 of the bgb states:

Quote:
when deploying a single chart choice, the units that make up that choice may deploy separately from one another if you wish. When a single chart choice arrives from reserves, the units may similarly arrive separately from one another. Thus a squad does not have to arrive in its transport vehicle if you do not wish it to.
that pretty much tells me that if you want to buy the prometheus, but you don't want to deploy your term. command with it, then you don't have to. This is also the rule that lets tyranid zoanthropes and tau snipers (I think) deploy away from each other even though they are bought in the same unit.
Old 24 Jul 2006, 15:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Teleporting Terminators with a transport option

Perfect, thanks.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Closed Thread