Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

should i try space wolves?
Closed Thread
Old 23 Jul 2006, 07:41   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Dymondheart
Default should i try space wolves?

ok.. i'm looking for another army to start after i finish my Tau. space marines are a very cool army, and i'd like to start them after i do the Tau. now, i just wanted to know what you guys' opinions are. i'm not very familiar with the wolves, but they seem like a pretty cool army. could any of you guys give the low down on what the wolves are about? thanks a lot.

perhaps now you see the power of the light side!
Old 23 Jul 2006, 09:41   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: should i try space wolves?

i like wolves, never played as them but i like them. they get awsome wargear and they can use wolves which not only look good they are pretty deicent to and an exelant guard for your HQ

I scored a 6 on my powergaming test Yay................ ha
Old 23 Jul 2006, 14:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Think nordic marines. (vikings) They have a very different codex structure to basically every other marine army out there, and are restricted on a couple of things. But in exchange they get a lot of really cool special rules and special units. If you want real fun try a rune priest with a chooser of the slain and a space wolves venerable dreadnought. Don't do more than an ordinary marine list does after the game starts, but messes with your opponent before the game...
Old 23 Jul 2006, 18:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i gathered the impending norse influence in them, but that doesn't say much. do they berzerk or something? am i safe in saying that they're pretty close to Khorne berzerkers? what are they like in comparasen to black templar?

Old 23 Jul 2006, 18:14   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

They aren't. Where as the Black Templars have an army list that is somewhat re-worked when compared to the Space Marines and the Blood Angels are quite similar to the Space Marines, the Space Wolves have a completely revamped codex. Your best bet is to go and pick up the Space Wolves Codex. Of course that doesn't he;p you too much as you misplaced your SM codex...

Steel Skeleton

--Commissar_Will
Old 23 Jul 2006, 19:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The Space Wolves don't take penalty's for being out numbered in CC. There scouts enter the game from you appoints side of the table. And a war gear option allows you to deploy your whole army in an escalation battles. They all have true grit. That is just a few of the cool things they do. Also dreads as HQ is cool too.
Old 23 Jul 2006, 20:07   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

true grit, eh... i figured that much. ooo... well, all scouts enter play from your oponent's side of the board. that is a special ability called infiltration

okay... these guys sound pretty cool. what the heck, i'll give them a go after my Tau. it should be a nice change after using a shooty army. berzerkers, and norsemen have held my interest for quite a while, so why not have some crazed sanes lupinis (the werewolf disease) infected space marines, eh?

Old 23 Jul 2006, 20:50   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymondheart
true grit, eh... i figured that much.
Why is this a bad thing? True grit makes it so that you can stand and shoot more times without losing any attacks. I know that you think CC was made by the spawn of hell as you are a traditional Tau player, but True Grit is a beautiful thing.

Quote:
ooo... well, all scouts enter play from your oponent's side of the board. that is a special ability called infiltration
No it isn't, I belive that infiltration only lets deploy closer to the enemy, not in their deployment zone. Actually I believe that it specifically states that you may not deploy in the enemies deployment zone. I don't have the rulebook handy though so I will have to check that later.

Quote:
okay... these guys sound pretty cool. what the heck, i'll give them a go after my Tau. it should be a nice change after using a shooty army. berzerkers, and norsemen have held my interest for quite a while, so why not have some crazed sanes lupinis (the werewolf disease) infected space marines, eh?
Sounds good, glad we could help.

Steel Skeleton

--Commissar_Will
Old 24 Jul 2006, 00:14   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

no no no! i love true grit. it's frigging crazy! shooting into the enemy then charging right at them? it's awesome! thanks again, guys!

Closed Thread