Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Need help with chapter fluff (Subject has been edited)
Closed Thread
Old 11 Jul 2006, 03:36   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: cleveland oh
Posts: 496
Default Need help with chapter fluff (Subject has been edited)

I am working on the fluff for my space marine army.
Would a space marine captain ever join the inquisition, or be asked to do so? If so might it be feasible that he would use other marines as his enforcers on a full time basis?
__________________
It is all fun and games until someone takes it too seriously
greensmurf is offline  
Old 11 Jul 2006, 03:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 882
Default Re: Would a space marine ever become an agent of the inquisition?

Space Marines are asked to fight for the =I= all the time, but that's only temporary.

I would say not permanently. A Force Commander loves his chapter to the marrow, he'd never willingly leave the chapter, even for the =I=. That's why his Ld is 10.
SpacePuppy is offline  
Old 11 Jul 2006, 04:19   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 89
Default Re: Would a space marine ever become an agent of the inquisition?

The Deathwatch is made up of marines sent from vaious chapters into the inquisition.
__________________
The key words for tonight are "caution" and "flammable".

He who seeks revenge digs two graves.
Hash Brown is offline  
Old 11 Jul 2006, 09:33   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BlackBurn, Lancashire, England
Posts: 3,060
Send a message via MSN to Elessar
Default Re: Would a space marine ever become an agent of the inquisition?

also, inquisitors have to do alot of detective work. they have to sneak around, ask questions, follow paper trails etc. They also have to infiltrate into the underground, join gangs to try and root out cults. Its kind of hard to do that when the tallest person on the planet is at nipple hight and you're permanently wearing a tank.
__________________
http://world2.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=31118495
go to the above to help me on a browser game
Download my codex! http://www.box.net/public/d6c1ki0iah Click on the .pub file and hit Save to Disk.

Elessar is offline  
Old 11 Jul 2006, 11:59   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,246
Default Re: Would a space marine ever become an agent of the inquisition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar
also, inquisitors have to do alot of detective work. they have to sneak around, ask questions, follow paper trails etc. They also have to infiltrate into the underground, join gangs to try and root out cults. Its kind of hard to do that when the tallest person on the planet is at nipple hight and you're permanently wearing a tank.
Yeah, he gets in an arm wrestle in the pub, instantly wins, crushes the table.

__________________
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.
-Will Durant
Aftercresent is offline  
Old 11 Jul 2006, 12:00   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hertford, UK
Posts: 5,086
Default Re: Would a space marine ever become an agent of the inquisition?

LOL!

I've got the image in a my head now of a former Imperial Fists Captain trying to observe a meeting between two suspects...it'd be like a big yellow armoured truck lurking in the shadows.

What about Inquisitor Coteaz? He's as tall as any Marine and he wears power armour...it doesn't mention any affiliation to a Space Marine chapter in the Daemonhunters codex, so what's the score there?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel_Sanders
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline  
Old 11 Jul 2006, 12:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,246
Default Re: Would a space marine ever become an agent of the inquisition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
LOL!

I've got the image in a my head now of a former Imperial Fists Captain trying to observe a meeting between two suspects...it'd be like a big yellow armoured truck lurking in the shadows.

What about Inquisitor Coteaz? He's as tall as any Marine and he wears power armour...it doesn't mention any affiliation to a Space Marine chapter in the Daemonhunters codex, so what's the score there?
I'm sure Coteaz has a good story about his fake background.
__________________
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.
-Will Durant
Aftercresent is offline  
Old 11 Jul 2006, 13:19   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 834
Send a message via AIM to Seto
Default Re: Would a space marine ever become an agent of the inquisition?

Acctaully Inquisitors wear power armour, weather it be just really strong, or like the marine's armour. Heck they can even wear terminator armour.

A Space Marine can become an acolyte and then an inquisitor. Just needs to be asked.

Another thing space marines can take off their armour, it would be a pain trying to sleep in it.
Seto is offline  
Old 11 Jul 2006, 14:36   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hertford, UK
Posts: 5,086
Default Re: Would a space marine ever become an agent of the inquisition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
Another thing space marines can take off their armour, it would be a pain trying to sleep in it.
We know, we were just messing about.

I always thought Terminator/Power armour was a Marine thing, what with the Black Carapace being a required impant to wear it, unique to Space Marines. How is it rationalised that Inquisitors also have this implant and yet do not share the same characteristics as Space Marines (i.e. Toughness 3)?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel_Sanders
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline  
Old 11 Jul 2006, 14:41   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 834
Send a message via AIM to Seto
Default Re: Would a space marine ever become an agent of the inquisition?

But Inquisitors are cheaper points wise and are psykers. I just see it as them being able to get anything they want, so, they can have terminator armour if they want.
Seto is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fluff for my new Chapter beowulf Space Marines 37 18 Aug 2008 05:05
Subject 411126-G Inquisitorial Interview - (Tau Background Fluff) Thantos Fluff/Stories 4 25 Jul 2008 23:56
Help with chapter fluff. kreative Space Marines 2 17 Jul 2006 22:03
The effects of Fortune (edited subject line). ShadowCrawler Craftworld Eldar 12 19 Jan 2006 21:12