Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Need help with chapter fluff (Subject has been edited)
Closed Thread
Old 11 Jul 2006, 03:36   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Need help with chapter fluff (Subject has been edited)

I am working on the fluff for my space marine army.
Would a space marine captain ever join the inquisition, or be asked to do so? If so might it be feasible that he would use other marines as his enforcers on a full time basis?
Old 11 Jul 2006, 03:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Would a space marine ever become an agent of the inquisition?

Space Marines are asked to fight for the =I= all the time, but that's only temporary.

I would say not permanently. A Force Commander loves his chapter to the marrow, he'd never willingly leave the chapter, even for the =I=. That's why his Ld is 10.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 04:19   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The Deathwatch is made up of marines sent from vaious chapters into the inquisition.

He who seeks revenge digs two graves.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 09:33   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

also, inquisitors have to do alot of detective work. they have to sneak around, ask questions, follow paper trails etc. They also have to infiltrate into the underground, join gangs to try and root out cults. Its kind of hard to do that when the tallest person on the planet is at nipple hight and you're permanently wearing a tank.

Old 11 Jul 2006, 11:59   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar
also, inquisitors have to do alot of detective work. they have to sneak around, ask questions, follow paper trails etc. They also have to infiltrate into the underground, join gangs to try and root out cults. Its kind of hard to do that when the tallest person on the planet is at nipple hight and you're permanently wearing a tank.
Yeah, he gets in an arm wrestle in the pub, instantly wins, crushes the table.

Old 11 Jul 2006, 12:00   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

LOL!

I've got the image in a my head now of a former Imperial Fists Captain trying to observe a meeting between two suspects...it'd be like a big yellow armoured truck lurking in the shadows.

What about Inquisitor Coteaz? He's as tall as any Marine and he wears power armour...it doesn't mention any affiliation to a Space Marine chapter in the Daemonhunters codex, so what's the score there?
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 12:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
LOL!

I've got the image in a my head now of a former Imperial Fists Captain trying to observe a meeting between two suspects...it'd be like a big yellow armoured truck lurking in the shadows.

What about Inquisitor Coteaz? He's as tall as any Marine and he wears power armour...it doesn't mention any affiliation to a Space Marine chapter in the Daemonhunters codex, so what's the score there?
I'm sure Coteaz has a good story about his fake background.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 13:19   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Seto

Acctaully Inquisitors wear power armour, weather it be just really strong, or like the marine's armour. Heck they can even wear terminator armour.

A Space Marine can become an acolyte and then an inquisitor. Just needs to be asked.

Another thing space marines can take off their armour, it would be a pain trying to sleep in it.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 14:36   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
Another thing space marines can take off their armour, it would be a pain trying to sleep in it.
We know, we were just messing about.

I always thought Terminator/Power armour was a Marine thing, what with the Black Carapace being a required impant to wear it, unique to Space Marines. How is it rationalised that Inquisitors also have this implant and yet do not share the same characteristics as Space Marines (i.e. Toughness 3)?
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 14:41   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Seto

But Inquisitors are cheaper points wise and are psykers. I just see it as them being able to get anything they want, so, they can have terminator armour if they want.
Closed Thread