Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Salamanders
Closed Thread
Old 10 Jul 2006, 21:26   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to kreative
Default Salamanders

So I was here trying out new stuff for painting my marines, then I finually realised that the blue on my marines doesn't really fit in. So I was thinking of painting them more like salamanders, but red instead of green.

I went looking around for info and stuff and read how first edition salamanders had black armour with green highlights.

Would anybody have a picture of first edition salamanders?

Thanks to timjim for the great banner!
Old 10 Jul 2006, 21:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to LoTide Send a message via MSN to LoTide
Default Re:Salamanders

Ooh, that sounds like a beast scheme! But what did your marines look like at first? Other than blue?
Got a picture?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero - 55 BC
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
Old 10 Jul 2006, 22:19   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Salamanders

Mhmm, the picture was in a different post, but I'll put it up here again.

The picture is blurry (taken with webcam), but I have a digi cam here, I just don't know where the cord is to transfer the pictures to the computer, hopefully I'll be able to post a new picture later tonight.

Here it is:

It's suppost to be like flames comming from each side, as the highlights build up the closer to the side you get to (hard to tell in this picture.)

Old 10 Jul 2006, 22:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

oh, I see. cool! I see what you mean though, The blue is abit...misplaced. so, are you saying that you are going to scrap the split design?
Quote:
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
Old 10 Jul 2006, 22:38   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Yea I think so, although it's cool and I'll prob miss it, I think I want to go for the darker scheme the black highlighted with red will give me.

Also, I just picked up the urban basing kit because the GW worker mentioned that with slate I wouldnt need to paint the bases, witch takes alot of work off my hands, so the darker scheme would help fit in with the whole city fight thing.

Old 10 Jul 2006, 22:46   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

well, I like the idea. sorry that I don't have a pic of the first Salamanders though.

anyway, on a lighter note, do your marines nave any fluff? and is it already somewhere on TO?
Quote:
Old 10 Jul 2006, 22:57   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Not really, atleast at the moment.

I started trying to think some stuff up, but only got to deciding it's a salamanders successor chapter, but likes to get into close combat more, and that's represented in the armys weapon choices.

I tryed continuing with the idea, but my plans kept changing untill I gave up with them, for now atleast. I'm going to look around at other peoples fluff, look into the salamanders fluff, get ideas how to build a good strong backround and such, and work my way from their.

But all that's going to be done later, right now I have a tournyment comming up in 12 days, and anouther one in august, and whenever my plans for fluff changed, my army list changed, so I didn't want that to interfere while preparing the army for the tournys.

So yea, when I get fluff made, I'll be sure to post it up on TO. And no worries about the pics, hopefully someone will have something.

Old 10 Jul 2006, 23:02   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Perhaps have an all Salamanders Green coloured armour, and have certain areas (kneepads?) painted in red.
Old 10 Jul 2006, 23:29   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Mhmm that's a good idea.

I was also thinking sine how salamanders are painted dark green with light highlights, I'll just switch out green for red. I'll try some (3) schemes around and post them up in the showcase I geuss, and see what people think.

Old 11 Jul 2006, 03:27   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Imperialis

Actually, the 1st Company of the Salamanders is known as the Firedrakes, and I know that they somehow incorporate red into their armor. Although I'm not exactly sure how they do it, I have the feeling that most other people don't either, so you can mess around with the red color scheme and base it off of the first company. Just my two cents :P

Closed Thread