Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Need Help
Closed Thread
Old 09 Jul 2006, 18:23   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Need Help

I need some suggestions for a good Blood Angels army list to use against Necrons.....I played a 4000 point game yesterday and it didn't go to well, so if anyone has any input on this I would appreciate it.
Old 09 Jul 2006, 18:28   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Need Help

If you want us to help you then you really need to tell us more information.

What went wrong?

What kind of game was it?

And you should write out an army list for (possible) both forces.

Old 17 Jul 2006, 01:35   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

It was a 4000 point meat grinder mission

Necron:

2 Lords
Night Bringer

3 squads of Warriors

2 squads of Destroyers

1 squad of Heavy Destroyers

1 squad of Predators

1 squad of Immortals

and 2 Monoliths

Space Marine (Blood Angels):

2 Armies combined

Dante w/ 4 Honour Guard
Librarian
Mephiston
Lemartes w/ Death Company

3 or 4 Tactical squads

2 Assault Squads

1 Devastator Squad

Predator Annhilator

Baal Predator

Rhino

Dreadnaught

5 Assault Terminators

1 Veteran Squad

some of the army details may be a lil different due to the fact its been a while, but if you have anything to say about the list go ahead
Old 17 Jul 2006, 01:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain_Carl
and 2 Monoliths
Probably why you got squished...
Old 17 Jul 2006, 02:17   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Dreadnought CCWs destroy monoliths especially when you have two of them. Next time bring furioso dreadnoughts. Power weapons go a long way against necrons, bring plenty of them.
Focus on destroying a squad completely before you move onto the next target thus eliminating WBB rolls. Res orbs are a pain, and I'm sure the lords have them, but they can't be everywhere at once.
Charge Necrons! Often, and with enough marines to kill them all. You will strike first. Necrons can not win in CC against marines, especialy blood angels on the charge. Maybe you could replace the tanks with more assault marines. Necron gause weapons destroy my tanks like mad.
Don't try to shoot it out with them. You will lose.
Old 17 Jul 2006, 02:21   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Dreadnought CCWs destroy monoliths especially when you have two of them. Next time bring furioso dreadnoughts.
You're kidding, right? They only hit on 6's, and I'm pretty sure that the "Living Cheese Metal" rules mean that you only hit at S6...

Quote:
Focus on destroying a squad completely before you move onto the next target thus eliminating WBB rolls. Res orbs are a pain, and I'm sure the lords have them, but they can't be everywhere at once.
Charge Necrons! Often, and with enough marines to kill them all. You will strike first. Necrons can not win in CC against marines, especialy blood angels on the charge. Maybe you could replace the tanks with more assault marines. Necron gause weapons destroy my tanks like mad.
Don't try to shoot it out with them. You will lose.
Well, pretty much what he said - the only thing you realy don't want combat with are the Monoliths, for which the Annihilator should be able to take care of, esspecially with some help from the Devestators, if they have Lascannons.
Old 17 Jul 2006, 03:12   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Assault terminators with lightning claws, in conjuction with scouts w/ teleport homers.
A panda walks into a restaurant, sits down, and orders a sandwich. He eats the sandwich, pulls out a gun, and shoots the waiter dead. As the panda stands up to go, the manager shouts, " Where are you going? You just shot my waiter"

"Hey, man, I'm a PANDA!" the panda shouts back. "Look it up!"

The manager opens his dictionary and reads:

Panda: A tree-dwelling marsupial of Asian origin, characterized by distinct black and white coloring. Eats, shoots and leaves.

Learn punctuation it changes the meaning of your sentinces. If you don't I'll destroy you.

Join TFOTFUWBS
Old 17 Jul 2006, 05:41   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Imperialis

I had a friend take a Chapter Master with dual lightening claws, artificer armor, iron halo, and jump pack with a unit of 9 Honor Guard (including an Apothecary), all toting plasma pistols and power weapons in a 2k battle against Necrons. Sure, they were a juicy target (of course the poor Necron kid didn't know how tooled out they were), but when that unit hit close combat it was the sickest moment in 40k I've ever seen in my entire life. I'm talking utterly disgusting. I think I might have actually cried.
Old 17 Jul 2006, 19:03   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Well I almost took out one of those monoliths, that was before I found out about the living metal thing. Dante's pistol would have gotten 2 D6 armor penetration, unforunately I didn't read up on Necrons to carefully.........so needless to say as Dante and his Honour Guard stood out there shooting pointlessly at the huge towering Monolith, the NightBringer decides to come on over and give them a visit.....not good at all. There went about 400 points down the drain.
Closed Thread