Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Vehicular manslaughter
Closed Thread
Old 29 Jun 2006, 16:49   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Vehicular manslaughter

A while back, perhaps some of you may remember, I asked for suggestions for a new siege vehicle unique to the Imperial Fists. Tech-Commander Archive suggested I just convert a Vindicator to the Mk II chasis, like the one seen in the most recent White Dwarf. Well, I've finished my spiffy new Vindicator. If you'd like to take a look then its over on the showcase board, here's a link.

I've started a poll to find out whether people think it looks better with or without the dozer blade. Do me a favour and cast your vote? I just can't decide for myself. :-\
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 29 Jun 2006, 20:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Vehicular manslaughter

Great looking Vindicator you got there Tom.

I voted ''With it''

As you can probably see most people voted for ''with it''

The dozer blade keeps in the theme with the Vindicator. If you are unsure about what to take then it will mostly be better to go the fluffy way.

The mud is a nice contrast to the bright yellow. I agree with others that you should maybe paint some more battle damage.

Old 29 Jun 2006, 21:48   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Anberlin

its a really nicely painted model tom
Old 30 Jun 2006, 00:14   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Wow, that turned out well. I really like the look of the dozer blade btw, it makes it look really sturdy, the whole extra layer of metal protecting it and such. Also makes it look like you're actually trying to protect the treads, which, even if it has no game play value, it's still fluffier than leaving them open for a krak missle.
1. Do you intend to win even if it might take the fun of the game away from either yourself or your opponent?

If you answered yes to question 1, you are in fact a power gamer, and your list is probably either beardy or you can abuse the rules to make it such.
Old 30 Jun 2006, 09:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well thanks all, glad to know you're impressed by it. It's my new favourite model...but then again, I say that about every model I paint. I guess it's just the novelty of having something new! That said, I'm still in love with my Prometheus.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Closed Thread