Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Olympus/Knights of Olympus (Planet and Astartes profiles)
Closed Thread
Old 26 Jun 2006, 04:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Luy22 Send a message via MSN to Luy22
Default Olympus/Knights of Olympus (Planet and Astartes profiles)

Good or bad? My Space Marine chapter, as you can see, I have done alot of work on it,

just a sidenote, this is not my army as I am a Tau player, I just wanted to make up a chapter of my own

--Accessing Imperial database--

Olympus is located somewhere deep in a eastern spiral-arm. It was colonised some years before Abaddon's invasion on cadia. It's moon's were colonised shortly after. The planet has two continents, one that is a fedual, and one that is jungle.

Olympus:
Cities:

Mount Olympus- The capitol city, built atop a vast mountain and has one massive cathedral in it's center. Atop this cathedral is a large landing pad where the initiates of The Knights of Olympia marine chapter are brought up to the moon, but we'll get to that later. The whole city is cuilt of skyscrapers but other areas of it, like the slums, are built into the side of the mountain. There are even some mining operations.

GreenHorn port- A small to medium sized port community, located about 40 miles southwest of the capitol. It is here that most trade occurs from across the large sea.

Skale port- An even bigger port on the lush jungle continent. The whole city is built along a beach, in the shade of massive palm trees, and it is a great area for hunting.

There are also many small villages scattered about the planet populated by humans both poor and rich. The most famous is one by the sea that is built over a large cliff overlooking the sea.

The planet has two imperial gaurd bases. One is located in the capitol city and the other is deep within the jungle continent.

Weather- Both continents get alot of rain, but most of the time it is sunny. There have been some weeks in the lower parts of the capitol where a week-long rain shower caused the sewers to flood and it took three weeks to clean it up and dump it in the large 'dump' in the forests at the bottom of the mountain.
---
Moons:

Olympus has two moons, Zeus and Hera.

Zeus- Like the moon of Holy Terra once was, Zeus I is barren, with no life at all. There is a research station built into it with a small space port.

Hera- Unlike it's brother, is covered completly in dense forests, streams, and has wildlife like deers, moose, wolves, cyotes and birds. The worst creatures are the Giant Cyotes, which dwell in deep caverns and caves scattered about the moon. But the one thing it's famous for is that this is the home of the Knights of Olympus Space Marine chapter, where the great chapter master, Unthar Pregnaught. One large part of the entire forest planet was cut down to build their massive fortress. The fortress itself towers into the clouds, at the tallest tower sits the master on his throne, looking out a large window at the planet they watch over.

-----
Accessing the Codex Astartes...
Downloading data, please wait...
Data found.
Now uploading data...
-
Knights of Olympus-

Chapter master- Uthar Pregnaught

Founding Chapter- Space Wolves, which have aided them on many occasions.

Recruitment- This marine chapter goes down to Mount Olympus in thunderhawk gunships, and looks for the most suitable men from the populace. They also land in some villages along the coast and in the deep forests. Also, every initiate must go through a small sieries of trials that the company leader sees fit. Every leader's favorite is to drop off a raw recruit way off in the mountains of Olympus and make them race other recruits back to the capitol city's cathedral. There are other smaller trials, like going deep beneath the surface of Hera to kill off some giant cyotes.

Possesions/artifacts- The chapter master, Uthar Prgnaught possesses the main artifact of the chapter, the golden axe of zeus. Another artifact lies deep within the chapter fortress on Hera. It is an anchiant tome found deep under terra in it's eastern lands. This tome tells of anchient heroes and gods that existed very long before the Emperor.

Mechinized units- The Knights of Olympus barely use any armor. The one thing they do use, however, are dreadnaughts and Rhinos adn Thunderhawk gunships.

Battlecry- "For Olympus and the Allfather!"

Fleet- The fleet is made up of one battle barge, Olympia's lightning and the rest is strike cruisers.

Armor pattern- Their armor pattern is mostly white armor, golden trim around the shoulderpads, golden kneepads. Most comapny leaders or sargents have a golden gauntlet. They also have a silver helmet. The symbol of the chapter on the shoulderpad is a large thunderbolt.

Characters: Uthar Prgnaught- Chapter Master
Brother Captain Ajax Alom- Captain of the third company
Admiral Cassius- Admiral of Zeus's Bolt, the Strike Cruiser of the third company.

Sergeant Yale- Deceased
Achillies- Champion of the third company
Only then your life I will save
Old 26 Jun 2006, 04:56   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae
Default Re: Olympus/Knights of Olympus (Planet and Astartes profiles)

Nice. I've only got one minor beef.

While Zeus is known as the "Father of all Gods and Men", I think Odin has the "All-father" name reserved.

But whatever, it doesn't even matter, just don't be thinking I stole your idea when my own Chapter's (Einherjar) battlecry is also "For the All-father".
Old 26 Jun 2006, 13:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well I like them, especially the landing pad at the summit of Mount Olympus. Its so iconic, the image of the mightiest Olympians ascending to the peak of their great city, vying for the opportunity to be taken by the Gods and Transcend to a 'higher plane'.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 26 Jun 2006, 14:44   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I beleive the space wolves also have "All father" in their battlecry :P
Old 26 Jun 2006, 17:08   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Anberlin

i like them they sound original good to see some one putting some effort in
Old 26 Jun 2006, 19:26   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Thanks! Lol I like getting good reviews
Old 27 Jun 2006, 03:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to kin7777 Send a message via MSN to kin7777

only thing I don't like is them taking recruits from the IG, as they would most likely take the strongest, smartest, etc. Who would be left to lead the IG then? other than that its fantastic!

PUNK'S NOT DEAD
Think, it's not illegal yet.
Old 27 Jun 2006, 04:13   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

What I mean taking from the IG, the recruiters approach the IG commanders of Mount Olympus and make them choose one of the bravest, smartest from each squad, and send them with the marines, those IG become seargents. The rest are recruited from the populaceby giving horried trials. Like sending the recruit up to the icy mountains of Olympus to survive for a week.
Old 27 Jun 2006, 04:34   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Earlydawn

Okay, an excellent draft for the fluff. My suggestions; Zeus I and II dosen't really grab the attention. How about the moons of Zeus and Hera, to fit with the theme? I'd also suggest a small (but exceptionally vague!) reference to how the planet came by that name.. remember that the Imperium likely has little-to-no information on pre-Dark Age mythology.

You should also identify the Knight's founding chapter. They resembe the Space Wolves' semi-mythological feel, and could be approperate. If you wanted to get really in-depth, you could detail their specific anatomy, and explain which marine organs they've come to rely on, and which is no longer supported in their gene-seed. Detailing their relationships with existing Imperial factions can add background, as can the description of their most common foes.

Finally, are they Index Astartes-compliant, or are they traited? Do they have a specific battle strategy? Beyond the axe, what is their access to "treasured" equipment like Terminators and Land Raiders?

Great Concept!
Old 27 Jun 2006, 12:42   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Will do
Closed Thread