Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

By the Blood Of Sanguinius!
Closed Thread
Old 25 Jun 2006, 08:15   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to GRISGIT-warboss
Default By the Blood Of Sanguinius!

I'm just finishing up my Orks now and the Blood Angels have caught my eye(especially death company).
I'm thinking of playing a 750 point army to start off with, ill be playing alot of Tau who uses alot of AP3 Rail Rifles, some Tyranids, marines, and some Khorne.
If someone could point me in the right way of what to buy and maybe a few idea's for a list, it would be much appreciated.
?????
Old 25 Jun 2006, 10:14   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar
Default Re: By the Blood Of Sanguinius!

get rhinos and lots of basicly infantry. if he uses alot of rail rifles your going to be losing infantry quick, and so can't really on expensive stuff. your better of getting alot of squads in alot of rhinos. then charge forward, meltagunning his tanks and then charging his lines as soon as possible. as to what to buy i suggest you write up an army list you like and then buy stuff. armies that are built around a budget dont turn out as well as those based on what you like.

Old 25 Jun 2006, 10:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Anberlin

Baal pred, you can't go wrong
Old 25 Jun 2006, 11:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I don't know about Rhinos in a small BA force- don't forget that they're more points.

Scouts and Assault Squads are cooler.

I've created a new Manga/ Anime series.

In the near-future, the French police pilot giant robot suits to keep their country safe; they are...

GENDARME WING
Old 25 Jun 2006, 11:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

ah right, i forgot its only a 750 pointer. whizz is probably right then, some assault marines would do you good.

Old 25 Jun 2006, 12:51   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

remember to take a chaplain (I know that he is really expensive) and give him a jump pack. Then make sure that all of your death company have jump packs. If the AP3 rail rifles you are talking about are the ones on sniper drones then the death companies feel no pain should absorb a few of the shots. same thing with plasma rifles and most of the guns in the tau armory.

And with the only exceptions being single shots anyway (by that I mean once a turn, not one time only), you should be okay. Just use cover apropriately and you should be in close combat by second turn.
Old 25 Jun 2006, 14:21   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Have you considered Land Speeders? Their agility could be just what you need to close in fast and burn up the Snipers (or gun them down).
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 25 Jun 2006, 15:45   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Anberlin

i like blood rage it doesn't happen often but when it does, wow, the effects are devastating