Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

To all fluff guys out there.
Closed Thread
Old 25 Jun 2006, 05:01   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to kin7777 Send a message via MSN to kin7777
Default To all fluff guys out there.

I've begun work on a SM army for cities of death (don't have codex yet, just won it off eBay).

I have already decided on the basis for the army, a quick moving assault force backed up by a very small group of fire support. So Scouts with sniper rifles will be the fire support-2 squads of 5-with fast attack filled up with bikes and assault marines, all of my HQ's will be on either bikes or with jump packs.
two days ago i went onto battlewagon bits and bought a couple pairs of lightning claws and 10 jump packs (for equipping characters)

Their armour color is primarily 3 shadings of grey to help them with urban camouflage, however, the chapter is also sometimes used in battles out of their usual cityfight areas, and as such they also include a dark green in their armour to help camouflage them within the jungles that they traverse in order to hit their enemies flanks (what their typical job is, seeing as they are all fast and such)

my current idea is basing them off of a white scars successor chapter, named the wings of the emperor. After completing their scout training they move on to a biker or assault marine depending on which areas they excelled in. They are all extensively trained in the traversing of difficult terrain (is there some rule that I can give my marines a skilled rider ability?), as their chapters home world (name?) is primarily cites, most destroyed from the costant battle that the planet sees.

To summarise, Wings of the Emperor, a fast assaulty successor chapter of white scars that move straight from scouts to either assault marines if they excelled in HTH or bikers otherwise.

so, my main question is, are there any fluff guys out there that will help me write up a background, or any changes you would make? like/dislike? comments and criticism are both welcome!

P.S. since my copy of the codex will be coming sometime in the next week, I don't know the full rules for the chapter traits, etc. is there some sort of trait that lets me take extra fast attacks or give everyone skilled rider-esque abilities?

thanks in advance everyone

-kin

PUNK'S NOT DEAD
Think, it's not illegal yet.
Old 25 Jun 2006, 10:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar
Default Re: To all fluff guys out there.

you can take be swift as the wind. this means you can take loads of bikers, give some of them special abilites(either for close combat or for tankt hunting) and give all of them improvements for their terrain tests. but, of course this costs extra points per squad. then there is also blessed be the warriors. this is similar to the one above but applies to assault squads. if you take one you will have to take a minor disadvantage(theres so many you'll find one that isn't really a disadvantage to you anyways), but if you take both you will have to take a minor or major disadvantage.

as to your fluff: fluff written by others is rarely as good as something you made up yourself. why dont you give us a few paragraphs first, maybe we can add on to it.

Old 25 Jun 2006, 10:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Anberlin

ooh, i have an idea, put scouts on horses, that would look absoloubtley 'bo' [glow=red,2,300]lol[/glow]
Old 25 Jun 2006, 11:00   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Uhh, just to jump in here. You're fluff is kind of awkward. The tactics and idea is sound, but the fluff is kinda off. :huh:

The Imperium usually trys to avoid having their Chapter's home planets be a battleground. They'd clear them off the planet as fast as possible.

For example, Macragge. Once they ultramarines were victorious. The rushed down to the planet, and had to start recruiting men to reinforce the Ultramarines. (New Space Marine Scouts...etc...)

If you lose your homeworld, you don't want to be like the Dark Angels...
Old 25 Jun 2006, 14:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to kin7777 Send a message via MSN to kin7777

oh, didn't know that, I'm not a exactly what you would call a fluffy person.
How would I explain them all being great rider type people then? Mabey the chapter trains their men on a different war-torn planet that HAS seen constant war (this one would be an imperial city planet).

thanks for the help so far guys.

PUNK'S NOT DEAD
Think, it's not illegal yet.
Old 25 Jun 2006, 15:05   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

i still say scouts on horses.

say that they adopted that planet and they found it like that?
Old 25 Jun 2006, 15:12   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well, say your chapter doesn't recruit from the samne planet it is based on.

Example: The Kin7777 Space Marines recruit from the planet "BOB" while their homeworld is on the planet "JOE".
Old 25 Jun 2006, 15:44   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

isn't that what blood ravens do?
Old 25 Jun 2006, 15:45   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Imperial Fists and Black Templars for example are the 'pick and mix' of Space Marine chapters. They've got recruits from all over!
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 25 Jun 2006, 15:46   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Black templars have an extra large chapter. They have like 5000 varines instead of just 1000, but thats only cos' they're so spread out