Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ideas for a Vampire themed Space Marine squad
Closed Thread
Old 22 Jun 2006, 21:45   #11 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Seto
Default Re: Ideas for a Vampire themed Space Marine squad

Here are some acctuall Vampire models;

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...243&GameNav=13

EDIT I:
These are mode armoured, but the heads don't look right to me.
http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...176&GameNav=13
Old 22 Jun 2006, 21:46   #12 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Anberlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitor Lord Seto
Here are some acctuall Vampire models;

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...243&GameNav=13
the ones to the left are quite cool
Old 22 Jun 2006, 21:48   #13 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yeah they have a dieing, skinny feel to them. Can you say Radical Inquisitor?

Old 22 Jun 2006, 21:49   #14 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin
Have you read my last post or have you just scanned the thread and think you've 'got the gist'? :

I didn't think I had the 'gist', so there's no need to snipe. I think it would be a good idea with say Fallen Angels.
Sorry, bud. I did snap at you a little bit there. That's why I went back and changed it; there was no need for that nonsense. It's my fault, communicating my intentions poorly, not yours.

Fallen Angels? That's interesting...but, ideally, I'd like keep them within the chapter. I'd like them to be Imperial Fists with a mutated gene seed. How might such a thing happen?

By the way, what's your 'Personal Text' about? ???

@ Anberlin and Inquisitor Lord Seto: Great background material to work with there. Thanks a lot.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 22 Jun 2006, 21:52   #15 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Wow, in like 5 min. Tom got another +1 karma. Congrats!

Its no problem, I can find alot in the online store, for some reason it fasanates me to look at all those bitz.

If you want more power armoured models, look at the Wulfen models, see how they adapted the armour for Werewolves. Now adapt that to vampires.
Old 22 Jun 2006, 22:04   #16 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Wow, in like 5 min. Tom got another +1 karma. Congrats!
Cheers.

Quote:
If you want more power armoured models, look at the Wulfen models, see how they adapted the armour for Werewolves. Now adapt that to vampires.
I'm looking for something regal here and I think 13th company represent something far too feral. The sort of Vampires I'd want to represent are supposed to be ancient and wise creatures, but at the same time gifted with great and terrible power and martial prowess. Yet more similarities with normal Space Marines...I think the groundwork has been laid for the whole vampirism tie-in but has, for some reason, been overlooked.

EDIT - I particularly like the swords from the Dark Elf Corsairs. I think the Vampires would definately have to have them in place of chainswords. How about we look at stuff I could attach to their armour? Perhaps some Black Templars gubbins to make them look more gothic? Something fairly unique that could be uniformal among squad members is what I'm looking for here...something to set them apart from other assault squads. The swords are a nice start but what, in your mind, symbolises a vampire?
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 22 Jun 2006, 22:25   #17 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Here are some sprues that could be helpfull, http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...ItemNav=302572

Old 22 Jun 2006, 22:41   #18 (permalink)
Shas'O

Oh yes, I like! This is what I'm talking about. Maybe I could model those big skulls into their backpacks? It'd mean having them on foot though which I'm not so keen on...unless they're small enough to be attached to a jump pack?

There's all sorts of creepy bones and things there. I could hang skulls on their belts. So is that what you visualise when you think of vampires; bones and grim trophies?
Old 23 Jun 2006, 01:04   #19 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I think of dead stuff, so bones and stuff like that is perfect.

You could also use some of those weapons if you wanted, that of couse if your using jump packs (BP and CCW). If you used the old style jump packs (Here, just scroll down a bit.). The old packs would make sence if they where on a long mission, so they have yet to upgrade to the new tech.

I want to make one of these units/armies now!
Old 23 Jun 2006, 10:53   #20 (permalink)
Shas'O

Old equipment sounds like a good idea, that'll make them look ancient. Good idea. Right, I've got plenty of ideas now but I've got a few other projects that should really be taken care of before I start a new one. I've still got to paint my Damocles, assemble and paint my other Landspeeder, my Predator and drop pods. It may be a while before I get to these guys. At least it'll give me time to think about background. Thanks for your help!
Closed Thread