Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help choose a chapter
Closed Thread
Old 22 Jun 2006, 07:27   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Help choose a chapter

Hey guys,
I have been playing marines for 5+ years, and I am about to start a new army, the army theme is speed, so the question is, do I go for a DA ravenwing army or a white scars force? Because I am not sure, any help will be much appreciated
Thanx
Old 22 Jun 2006, 08:21   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Help choose a chapter

Ravenguard

nothing beats the jumpfreaks for sheer speed of deployment and maneuverability.
Old 22 Jun 2006, 08:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

You have got three most likely options:

* Ravenguard
* Ravenwing
* White Scars

Are you looking for lots of assault squads? then go for the Ravenguard.
Are you looking for Dark armoured bikes and speeders? Then go for the Ravenwing.
Are you looking for White armoured bikes and speeders? Then go for the White Scars.

Pick up your Codexes and look through all their rules and find out which ones appeal to you most.
Also think which colour scheme you can paint the best and keep up to finish your army.
Old 22 Jun 2006, 10:09   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Well I already have a Ravenguard force, so they are out. I know the Ravenwing rules, and I have acess to the Index Astartes article on the white Scars, and I really like them, but I also really like the DA dark and gothic feeling. Anyone else got any suggestions that may help?
-Thanks Tharasiph and Stam, for the help so far
Old 22 Jun 2006, 11:38   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Of the two you mentioned, I don't really think there's that much difference, they're both fast. Although I think collecting Ravenwing would mean fielding more Land Speeders. In terms of battlefield effectiveness as a fast moving army, I think they're more or less equal. What should really sway you is their fluff and the way they look.

White scars are based on the mounted hordes of Genghis Khan - They're organised and dignified, yet at the same time ruthless and utterly savage. They're more down to earth than the aloof Dark Angels and their primitive roots can be seen in their equipment. With them, you've got the opportunity to model on saddlebags, polearms and trailing banners etc.

The Ravenwing's penchant for Land Speeders gives you an excuse to assemble a legion of last-generation Land Speeders (I think they look better anyway). Instead of primitive and simple equipment, you could play on the Ravenwing's 'unforgiven' aspect by way of sombre cloaks and religious icons.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 22 Jun 2006, 21:55   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Seto

You could make a DIY army also, don't forget that. It gives you artistic freedom when it comes to fluff. If you don't want to do that, it all comes down to if you like bikes more or more Landspeeders.
Old 23 Jun 2006, 12:39   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I think that Ravenwing would be far cooler, plus the Traits for White Scars suck.

but a DIY army would be cool too.

I've created a new Manga/ Anime series.

In the near-future, the French police pilot giant robot suits to keep their country safe; they are...

GENDARME WING
Old 23 Jun 2006, 13:12   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I'd go with the ravenwing seeing the dark angels are getting an up date early next year
that means new and cooler miniature's.
Closed Thread