Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Need help making a list, please
Closed Thread
Old 19 Jun 2006, 11:51   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Need help making a list, please

Hey guys I'm pretty new but I have a nice army almost painted up and I will tell you what I have.
Could someone please put it in a nice list, thanks.
(Note: I will be getting 5 more assault marines to make it legal this week)

I currently have:

Chaplain: Jumppack, crozius, power weapon(already glued on so work with them 2 they work well)

4 Assault marines (not legal getting 5 more as i said)

5 close combat Terminators...(2 with Thunder hammers)

Dreadnaught (I have all the combinations ready for use)

5 Tactical marines; 4 bolters, 1 Meltagun

Please work out a good list for me, I do have codex so it doesn't matter if you put the points there or not.

Thanks guys

Peace!

(fixed your spelling, Stam)
Old 19 Jun 2006, 12:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Need help making a list, please

Working out this list is part of playing the game. If you ask 10 SM players to make you a list you'll get 10 diffrent lists.

Take a close look at the codex and pick units that you think would be cool. Personally I like the new Terminator models... so I'm having lots of them! You should go for what ever you like the look of!
Old 19 Jun 2006, 22:19   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

thanks ...but i already tried this and it never works out i always get annihalated..
Old 19 Jun 2006, 22:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

To be fair mate, there's not much to work with here...you've barely got a thousand points in total. :-\

Unless you're adamant that you don't want to mess with the Chaplain's power weapon...I'd swap it out for a plasma pistol. It costs the same, confers the same close combat bonus and also gives him a fearsome short ranged ballistic capacity (use a bolt pistol if you're afraid of the plasma pistol overheating).

The Dreadnought and the assault troops are the only other units you can really do anything with here. Have you really got all the combinations of Dreadnought weapons ready for use or just those listed in the codex? If you've got all of them, then I recommend a Siege Dreadnought. The Inferno cannon is a truly fearsome weapon. Even if it runs out of fuel after the first shot, you've still got the assault drill and heavy flamer. This configuration will be particularly useful in small scale games where Infantry are prevalent.

The assault troops I think would be best equipped with two flamers and melta bombs all round. That way, they can tackle both troops and vehicles.

Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 24 Jun 2006, 03:31   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

5 man squads are not durable. I recently played with 6 man squads and they got nuked quick. 8 or 10 marines in each squad are the only numbers that have worked for me. I would suggest using the cleanse and purify trait to create 2 tac squads 8 bolter and 2 melt guns.

I currently play with 3 dreadnoughts most of the time. The combination of assault cannon and heavy flamer work very well in dense terrain. I have 2 equipped this way. the other is equipped with the laz cannons missile combo on boards with long lines of sight, and the assault cannon and missile launcher when lines of sight are short. The latter combination excells at taking out armor and tightly packed troops.

I hope this helps.
Old 24 Jun 2006, 14:21   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Did you know that the Assault Cannon is actually better against most armour types than a twin-linked Lascannon? The TL Lascannon only actually outperforms the Assault Cannon against Armour Values 11 and 12! It's the Rending ability combined with all those shots that does it.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 24 Jun 2006, 22:53   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Anberlin

i agree with tom if you have a venie dread with an assault cannon thats 3(or 4 i'm not sure) rending shots, (if your lucky, and your bound to blow something up