Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

is this legal?
Closed Thread
Old 18 Jun 2006, 09:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default is this legal?

for kicks i built a Terminator with cyclone, assault cannon and chainfist all at the same time.

In the codex it says you can add cyclone to existing weapons, but somehow I think I'm missing something.

Can somebody clarify this for me?

I probably cant use it, but it looks cool as sin!! ;D

Thanx for clearing this up for me.
Old 18 Jun 2006, 09:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: is this legal?

the chainfist is legal with either of the other two. however you are not allowed to have the cyclone and the assault cannon on the same model. I think its time to take a model apart
Old 18 Jun 2006, 10:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Or have fun.

I made an Dark Eldar model with 10 arms, a jetpack, and a plasma rifle.

He made a good end boss for battles.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 18 Jun 2006, 10:29   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

10 arms?!?!?!
how'd you fit 'em all??

What if I made him master of my own chapter?
any rules on that?
Old 18 Jun 2006, 13:01   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

eh, if its house rules and your opponent doesn't mind then go for it. I'm just saying that technically its not legal.
Old 18 Jun 2006, 13:31   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

I'd like to be able to add an assault cannon to my Terminator sergeants because when I'm down to my last three Termies and they take another wound, I'm always torn between removing one of the assault cannon toting marines or Sergeant Krull (raised by Ogryns). I wish I didn't have to make that choice...Krull has risen to legendary status within my army.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 19 Jun 2006, 11:05   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Actually I'm thinking about making it the objective in a Kill Team game I'm cooking up.

(ALERT!! ALERT!! INCOMING FAN FLUFF!! INCOMING FAN FLUFF!! ALERT!! ALERT!!)

OK, back during the Horus Heresy there was lots of cool stuff and badass weapons
that ain't around anymore. One of these was the Berserker Class Terminator. All were presumed destroyed or lost to The Ruinous Powers (turned into Obliterates, perhaps?).

Lo and behold, agents of humanity have discovered one of these powerful units, INTACT!!
Alas, it was discovered by wretched Tau Xenos first.

[[[PSI CONDIUT 7179-MNCOSJOP///ASTROPTATH IGNATIUS FARQUAAD TRANSMITTING]]]

To Captain Scipio of The Emperor's Multi-Chromatic Bloody Skullfist Deathguard Avengers Chapter of Space Marines:

Recent intelligence reports have placed an ancient and powerful suit of Terminator Armor,
The legendary Berzerker model in custody of a Tau military research facility.

This calamity cannot be countenanced!!!
It's bad enough the these little blue freaks even have possesion of this priceless artifact,
but they have defiled it and plan to disassemble it to merge its Holy Secrets with their own
Blasphemous technology!!

This outrage cannot be allowed!!

To this end a highly skilled strike team of The Emperor's (hallowed be His Name)
finest warriors MUST be deployed to recover it if possible and destroy it if tragically necessary.

The Emperor's Multi-Chromatic Bloody Skullfist Deathguard Avengers are the only champions
of the Imperium close enough to retrieve the armor.

The Adeptus Mechanicus assures me that they can modify existing Terminators to this higher
standard if they can study the armor for themselves.

It is certain the Tau filth will corrupt the armor and merge its design features with their own battlesuits.
INTOLERABLE!!!! THIS SACRILEDGE MUST NOT BE PERMITTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!!

huff huff

Forgive me, Honored Captain, sometimes my zeal to serve The Emperor (hallowed be His Name)
overcomes me. Now, as I was saying.

It seems likely from current data the the vile Xenos have brought the unit on-line, and will certainly use it to thwart any efforts to retrieve it.
Details on the Berzerker's suspected capabilities will follow this briefing.

Preliminary Auspex scans have detected Chaos ships in nearby space.
It is very agent of Chaos are planetside with the same aims as ours.

Agents from other Xenos powers MAY be in the vicinity but this has not been confirmed.

I implore you, Honored Captain, retrieve this armor in the Name Of The Emperor (hallowed be His Name)!!

Vice-Inquisitor Mo Howard Ignoramus XXIII
Humble servant of The Emperor (hallowed be His Name)

BERZERKER TYPE TERMINATOR ARMOR SPECIFICATIONS (SUSPECTED)
PTS:120
WS:5
BS:5
S:4(5)
W:3
A:2
LD:10
SV:2+ (4+ INVUNLNERABLE)

WEAPONS:
CHAINFIST
ASSAULT LASER=
STR-7 AP-3 RNG-48" TYPE ASSAULT 4/RENDING
MONSOON MISSILE PACK= HEAVY 2 (RNG-48CAN FIRE 1 OF EACH TYPE OR 2 OF ONE TYPE)
HELLBORE MISSILE STR-10 AP-1 "
DOOMSTORM MISSILE STR-6 AP-4 LARGE BLAST

It apprears as if this design was intended to equal the firepower of and entire fully equipped squad of Space Marines.
The idea was to teleport a handful of these scattered about the target zone to disrupt enemy movement while other units advanced into favorable positions.
Secondarily it was apparently also meant to challenge Monstrous Creatures and some of Daemonic Entities of Chaos.

Sadly, the teleportation equipment seems non-functional.
A pity.

In order to facilitate recovery you will be provided with ONE Scrambler missile, an artifact of ancient times the making of which is no longer understood. If it strike any mechanical device up to the size of a Land Raider it will drain the devices power core, causing said device to be non-functional until replenished.

DON'T MISS

Should that fail you will be issued ONE Implosion Missile. these are even MORE rare than scrambler missiles. Upon successful strike it will create an implosion sphere of approximately 8' in diameter that no foot soldier will survive. Just after an explosion of compressed forces will ensue, covering a large blast marker. Stats are irrelevant as anything caught in the blast will be destroyed.

Should that fail . . . well, um . . . sorry 'bout yo damm luck, life just got hard!!

Good luck valiant Space Marines!!

Old 19 Jun 2006, 19:24   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

An eight foot diameter blast maker eh? So every infantry unit on the table is instantly destroyed? That's a big red button and a half isn't it?

Well have fun pal!
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 20 Jun 2006, 06:04   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

no no no!!!
8 ft of proportional diameter
on the board it'd be like a large model base or something.
the concept is a different race's kill team coming in from all 4 table corners/edges all after this uber-gawdawful-powerful Terminator from hell and and gettin into it with the MegaTermie, its Brute buddies, AND the other kill teams all at the same time in a slaughterfest of tremendous propartions. What will the kill teams do?? shoot at each other and alert tons of brutes? Cooperate to mutual ends?? Decide its too hard and run away? Who knows what mayhem will ensue!?!?!
Old 20 Jun 2006, 10:24   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggdawggnt
Actually I'm thinking about making it the objective in a Kill Team game I'm cooking up.

(ALERT!! ALERT!! INCOMING FAN FLUFF!! INCOMING FAN FLUFF!! ALERT!! ALERT!!).......
ok, I only skipped over this, but this is one of the most horrendously over-powered idiotic things I have ever read....

this is probably why lots of people hate marine players.
please don't suggest using it with your friends, even in fun games.

I've created a new Manga/ Anime series.

In the near-future, the French police pilot giant robot suits to keep their country safe; they are...

GENDARME WING
Closed Thread