Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

City Fight Campaign Black Templar Army Lists (for July) Please give suggestions
Closed Thread
Old 15 Jun 2006, 12:49   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Tau_Killer
Default City Fight Campaign Black Templar Army Lists (for July) Please give suggestions

Hey guys, in July there is a city fight campaign starting and I was wondering if I could get some advice on the black templar force I am going to use.

For this campaign each player has 2 armies. 1 is 1500 pts and is his attacking army and the other is 1250 pts and is his defending army. This is what I thought of. Also if you can justify it you can take special characters so I have decided to take High Marshal Helbrecht

1500 pts list (Attacker/Troop Heavy)

175pts - High Marshal Helbrecht

100pts – Emperors Champion Esmond- Uphold the honour of the emperor

173pts – Dreadnaught Augustus- Extra Armour, Smoke launchers, missile launcher, las cannon, venerable, tank hunter.

180pts – Crusader Squad Exodus- 10 man- 8 with close combat weapons and bolt pistols, 1 with power weapon and bolt pistol and 1 melta gun

107pts – Crusader Squad Typhus- 6 man- 4 bolters, 1 heavy bolter and 1 plasma gun

112pts – Crusader Squad Menphis- 6 man- 4 bolters, 1 missile launcher and 1 flamer

181pts – Crusader Squad Tractus- 10 man, 8 close combat weapons and bolt pistols, 1 missile launcher and 1 flamer

306pts – Assault Squad Gladious- 10 man, 2 power fists and storm shields, 8 close combat weapons and bolt pistols and melta bombs

163pts – Vindicator Assualt Tank- Extra armour, dozer blade, pintle mounted storm bolter, Hunter killer missile, smoke launchers and power of the machine spirit

Total pts – 1495

I chose to use more troops for the attacking force because of the obvious reason of constricted movement for tanks, the exception is the dreadnaught and Vindicator which will give me the fire power I need to take down both enemy troops and tanks (I know I’m going up against an armoured company, Which hunters and orks) and to provide covering fire for my advancing squads. I will use the large squads led by my characters to charge forward and get to close combat as fast as possible using the ruins as cover…my assault squad will support the crusader squads in combat. The smaller squads will find good fields of fire and constrict my enemy’s movements and give covering fire for the assault elements of my force

1250pts list (Defender/ elite troops)

140pts – Marshal Sparktus- Terminator Armour, Terminator honours, power weapon, storm bolter, bionics

100pts – Emperors Champion Esmond- Uphold hte honour of hte emperor

133pts – Dreadnaught Silias- Twin-Linked Las cannon, dreadnaught close combat weapon, smoke launchers, extra armour

280pts – Terminator Squad Exterminatus- 6 man, 2 Assault cannons, 4 power fists and storm bolters

180pts – Crusader Squad Exodus- 10 man, 8 close combat weapons and bolt pistols, 1 power weapon and bolt pistol and 1 flamer

107pts – Crusader Squad typhus- 6 man, 4 bolters, 1 heavy bolter and 1 plasma gun

112pts – Crusader Squad Menphis- 6 man, 4 bolters, 1 missile launcher and 1 flamer

128pts – Crusader Squad Alphus- 7 man, 5 bolters, 1 missile launcher and 1 flamer

Total pts – 1247

The main line will consist of the dreadnaught, squads menphis, alphus and typhus whilst squad Exodus and the terminator squad will float behind the battle line and support the line where it is needed.

My justification for using High Marhsla Helbrecht is the following:

After the 3rd Armageddon war High marshal Helbrecht Swore a mighty oath to hunt down and kill Gazhkull Tharaka for his injustices against the imperium and the immortal emperor. Recent Reports suggest that he is currently in the company of the _________ warband on the hive planet _______, after hearing this news the high marshal immediately took a thunderhawk gunship and raced to that sector to join up with crusade Tempest lead by Marshal Ashton and enlist their aid. Upon entering the system and joining up with the fleet sensors indicated that more zeno’s and even traitor armies were present and this presented an opportunity for the High marshal to deliver the ritchious fury of the emperor. As the fleet began to move into the system the High marshal finalize his plans for planet fall and the coming war.

Made By Kais, Offical Siggy Maker

Black Templar 5200 points

Orks & Goblin 2300 points points

Tyranids, 60 points

wood elves, 2000 points

The only good alien is a dead alien
Old 15 Jun 2006, 13:34   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: City Fight Campaign Black Templar Army Lists (for July) Please give suggestions

[size=18pt]Saving points (attacking force)[/size]

Troops 1

• Drop Crusader Squad Typhus altogether. You'll need the points to afford some other stuff I have to recommend later.
+107 pts

Elites 1
  • I'd drop the extra armour from the Dreadnought because what difference does it make to a shooty Dreadnought like that if it's shaken instead of stunned? All it does is shoot anyway, it's not like it transports troops or engages the enemy in close combat. If you find you need a few more points then also lose the smoke launchers, the only time these Dreadnoughts are going to want to fire their smoke launchers instead of their big guns is when they're shaken or stunned. Everyone does this with their Dreadnoughts...just because you can doesn't mean you should. Also, you might consider swapping out the missile launcher for a DCCW w/heavy flamer...it'll be handy for digging the enemy out of cover. The DCCW will give you that added edge in the inevitable close combat (you might even bag a tank with it if the Lascannon doesn't get there first). However, if you drop the Missile Launcher, you might want to replace the Lascannon with an Assault Cannon to get the most out of the Tank Hunters Special skill.
+8 pts

Heavy Support 1
  • Have you just bolted evey possible upgrade onto this tank or what? Lose the extra armour and the smoke launchers (for the same reason as the Dreadnought). The Hunter Killer missile's unlimited range is of no advantage in such densely packed terrain, you might as well just use the big Demolisher cannon. The pintle mounted storm bolter is nice to have but at 10 points, I think it's over priced. Definately keep 'Power of the Machine Spirit' though. Aside from it's obvious advantages, it kinda makes 'Extra Armour' redundant don't you think? The dozer blade is very fluffy and it may help if you want to move through the ruins, keep it.

+33 pts

[size=16pt]Total points saved: 148[/size]

[hr]

[size=18pt]Spending points (attacking force)[/size]

Fast attack 2 + 3
  • Bring in two Landspeeder Tornados with Multi-Meltas and Heavy Flamers. These things shouldn't be exposed to too much fire in the close confines of a ruined city and their mobility may prove invaluable. You can leap into and out of combat with them, striking rapidly wherever they are needed most. Furthermore, with this armament you can use them to attack both tanks and infantry with equal effectiveness, making them very flexible. The Multi-Meltas are best used up close (and in a city fight, up close is all you've got) and the Heavy Flamers will ignore the cover saves afforded by area terrain.
-150 pts

[size=16pt]Total points spent: 150[/size]

[hr]

[size=18pt]Surplus points: +3[/size]
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 16 Jun 2006, 06:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Tau_Killer
Default Re: City Fight Campaign Black Templar Army Lists (for July) Please give suggestions

kool thanks for hte ideas, ill go and dig out my spare bits box and try and find my land speeders and extra dreadnaught with that weapon config

Made By Kais, Offical Siggy Maker

Black Templar 5200 points

Orks & Goblin 2300 points points

Tyranids, 60 points

wood elves, 2000 points

The only good alien is a dead alien
Old 16 Jun 2006, 10:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

You're welcome, pal. Let us know what modifications you settle on and how they work out. Pros and cons.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Closed Thread