Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Hell's Angels, A SpacePuppy Thought Bubble/Army List
Closed Thread
Old 13 Jun 2006, 03:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Hell's Angels, A SpacePuppy Thought Bubble/Army List

Well I saw a White Scars player at a recent tournament, and I thought to myself, Self, that right there is one sweet army. Fast and shooty, just like you like to play. And a Toughness of 5 isn't too shabby, especially when mixed with a Save of 3+. When you finish your Wolves, why not start a Swift as the Wind army?

So here's the plan

>Be Swift as the Wind
>Have Pride in Your Colors

HQ

Chaplain
>Space Marine Bike
>Master Of Sanctity

Commander
>Space Marine Bike
>Captian

220 points

Troops

Bike Squad
>Sergent With Powersword

Bike Squad
>Sergent With Powersword

380 points

Fast Attack

Bike Squad
>Sergent With Powersword

Bike Squad
>Sergent With Powersword

380 points

Heavy Support

Land Raider Crusader

265 points

Total: 1245 (without the Land Raider Crusader it's 985)

Basically the stratagy would be quickly search and destroy enemy targets.

Oh, and the commander would be all like this: :rockon:

Anyway, C&C please, before I start buying models.
Old 13 Jun 2006, 03:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Hell's Angels, A SpacePuppy Thought Bubble/Army List

Drop one of the HQ's - you'll need a Bolt Pistol on whichever one you keep for an extra Attack, and two is just plain excessive.

How big are the Bike Squads? It'd be helpfull to know. Add special weapons and swap the Power Weapons for Powerfists.

Drop the Crusader - it's a big, slow, Railgun magnet that's rendered even more useless by it's lack of anything to transport.
Old 13 Jun 2006, 05:04   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

The two HQs could be useful depending on what you want to do with them. A master for the leadership 10 couldnt hurt if you have the points.

Also deffinetly drop the Raider, instead try some landspeeders or assault marines. You can get some nice heavy weapons in the form of assault cannons and melta/multi meltas theres no need for a big fire magnet.

Old 13 Jun 2006, 06:44   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade Novae
How big are the Bike Squads? It'd be helpfull to know. Add special weapons and swap the Power Weapons for Powerfists.
Bzzzt. Do not use powerfists on bikers ever. You do not have the numbers to ensure you still have models in base contact by the time the powerfist gets to swing. Also you want skilled riders on every squad it is to cheap for how much it can potentially save you (you cannot afford to lose 32 points every time you move through cover). Put the fast attack bikers in as elites and buy them furious charge, it is the only way you have a chance of crippling an MEQ squad that contains a power weapon/fist. I would also drop the LRC as it doesn't fit in with a mobile scouting force of bikers, and you really, really cannot afford to spend a single point unwisely. Also all assaulty bikers should have two meltaguns or flamers, and all shooty squads should have plasmaguns. Attack bikes are also a very good idea. Also assaulty squads should be at least five men big, any less will easily get whiped out either while charging in or in the first turn of close combat.
Old 13 Jun 2006, 11:45   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Honestly, I think you should check out Ravenwing. You could keep the name Hell's Angels, and say it is a Dark angel successor chapter, which is very legal btw, and still keep alot of fluff and paint jobs you might have in mind. Also if you wanted to start a "deathwing" army with your chapter it would be completely legal.

The bikes are a little more expensive in points, but that means less to spend on money. They start out with skilled riders and get a special save. Then you could switch your Landraider and get some landspeeders or maybe some attack bikes if you want an all bike army.

Just a thought-
-G
Old 14 Jun 2006, 01:33   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well, I assumed that when I said "Swift as the Wind" people would know that bike squads must be 5 men strong, and since that's the maximum, I also assumed that it was just inferred that the squads were 5 men strong (just me being lazy I guess)

I do think the raider is silly, but hey, two twin linked hurricane bolters are not to be taken lightly.
Old 14 Jun 2006, 01:42   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacePuppy
I do think the raider is silly, but hey, two twin linked hurricane bolters are not to be taken lightly.
Better yet, invest in a Prometheus; four twin-linked heavy bolters at your disposal! Bwhahahaha! The mayhem...
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 14 Jun 2006, 08:57   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacePuppy
Well, I assumed that when I said "Swift as the Wind" people would know that bike squads must be 5 men strong, and since that's the maximum, I also assumed that it was just inferred that the squads were 5 men strong (just me being lazy I guess)
Only troop bikers need to be five men strong, and the maximum is six with an attack bike.
Old 14 Jun 2006, 16:48   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I haven't got the patience to check this, so don't shout at me if it's wrong, but I think that you can't use two close combat weapons on a bike... I'll need to check it though...
Old 14 Jun 2006, 23:21   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeStar
I had this idea I thought about a mix of chaos and Sm parts.
I had thought that too. It'd look really fitting.

I was also thinking of doing a Vehicle Themed; Scion of Mars army too...
Closed Thread