Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New army idea.
Closed Thread
Old 12 Jun 2006, 20:29   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to perfect enemy
Default New army idea.

As a lot of you guys know I started a Chapter called the Paladins of Holy Steel but I am thinking of a new Chapter called the Dark Hearts. I want them to be a cursed founding Chapter and have a very Adeptus Mechanicus theme about them. But I need your help with some fluff and conversion ideas. So can you guys help me?

[Edited your spelling so people will understand what you are asking. Stam]
Old 12 Jun 2006, 22:27   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to charn
Default Re: New army idea.

Hey,

Sounds interesting. What kind of fluff / conversions do you already have in mind?

You could get some Cursed Founding fluff ideas from http://uk.games-workshop.com/spacemarines/cursed/1/. And if you want to go for an Adeptus Mechanicus feel, then you will probably want the Scions of Mars chapter trait (if you are going to be using Codex: Marines) which allows you to take Techmarines as HQ. For conversions, you may want to add bionics or other simple enhancements to each model to make them look more machine. You could even give them the Uphold the Honour of the Emperor trait advantage (6+ invulnerable saves) to represent the extensive bionic implants.

Thoughts?
Old 13 Jun 2006, 00:53   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Also, you can use the adeptus shoulder pads that come w/ vehicle upgrade sprues.

He who seeks revenge digs two graves.
Old 13 Jun 2006, 16:37   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

well here's one of my conversions http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=27029.0 and for fluff i got so far is that the chapter and all records of it has disappeared during a campain around the eye of terror. but there have been reports of the dark hearts fleet coming out off the warp and succoring ancient technology on in the system and then disappearing back into the warp. it is unknown why and for what the dark hearts want this technology.
Old 13 Jun 2006, 20:12   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

He's very pretty. Is he to be your commander?
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 13 Jun 2006, 20:31   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

of course he is but im going make some servitors out of some ogre's as his body guard and make some rules for them
Old 13 Jun 2006, 20:42   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Ogres eh? I like it. No mere feeble mechanical slave for this man...only huge, monsterously powerful beast-men will do. Perhaps Ogryn bodies? But then I suppose you've got all those bullets attached to them and stuff like that.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Closed Thread