Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Terminator boxed set teleport homer...what's it for?
Closed Thread
Old 11 Jun 2006, 10:56   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Terminator boxed set teleport homer...what's it for?

You know the teleport homer you get with the Terminator boxed set? Well what is it supposed to be used for? I was under the impression that anyone carrying a teleport homer took it with them wherever they went on the battlefield. Is that not so? Can you place the teleport homer and move on, leaving it behind? That'd make it damn cool. You could run forward with your scouts, place the beacon and withdraw to cover. You might not even have any terminators in your army, but your oppoenent wouldn't know that and he'd keep his troops well away from it! I haven't seen any such rules though, so if that's not the case...what is it for?
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 11:26   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Terminator boxed set teleport homer...what's it for?

It's for looking cool. It also makes a good objective marker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 11 Jun 2006, 11:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Gah. I was afraid of that. Cheers.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 23:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

There's nothing saying you can't take a Teleport Homer as wargear, and use it as an "OMG! T3rm1nat0rzz! Haxx!!" deterent. However, soon as your opponent realizes you're not rolling for reserves, the gigs up - you have to be tactically and charasmatically brilliant to be able to justify not using those points on a Combat Shield or Plasmagun.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 00:01   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

It's not represented on my Sergeants model. Even if it was, I think it'd be too small to notice...but a big beacon with it's own base might be more ominious...maybe I'll put it together and have my scouts drag it about with them? ;D
Old 12 Jun 2006, 00:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

You can also use it for fluff, like a homer for the thunderhawk to pick up the Space Marines after the battle.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 00:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well, what I do for Guard is to use a seperate base for some wargear, like a regimental standard [which can change hands. The model carrys one, but if the enemy cpatures it, I put the base next to them] I would have imagined a Teleport Homer would look like the old Terminator Missile Launcher homing device in their right hand, but apprently, it's too big. I would use it as a simple additional wargear item on a seperate base, as it may not always be used on teh same character, especially if your playing smaller games.

It would be cool to leave it, though... that would be an excellent scare!

Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 12 Jun 2006, 12:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

You know what? I'm painting and basing it now; my new scout team can haul it about with them as a scare tactic. I don't imagine such a tactic will have any tangible effect on the game, but it'll look cool.

Cheers, fellas.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 21:31   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Tau Stealth suits also come with a homer of some kind. I thought it was used to designate where your units were deep-striking.
Old 13 Jun 2006, 06:48   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsehound
Tau Stealth suits also come with a homer of some kind. I thought it was used to designate where your units were deep-striking.
You can use it for that, but as soon as you have rolled scatter you have to replace it with a model anyway. So why not just use the model in the first place? It has no practical use and was just added by GW because they had some space on the sprue.
Closed Thread