Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Cityfight Marines - 1500pts
Closed Thread
Old 09 Jun 2006, 21:54   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Cityfight Marines - 1500pts

Hi all,

Taking a (temporary) break from my 'nids to spruce up the Marines a little, and get them ready for some cityfight love. I'm curious to see how other members are tweaking their lists, so here's one I made earlier:

###

Reclusiarch - Terminator Armour, Storm Bolter...115pts

Terminator Assualt Squad - 4 x Lightning Claws, 1 x TH+SS, Furious Charge - 215pts

10 x Tactical Marines - Heavy Bolter, Flamer - 161pts

10 x Tactical Marines - Heavy Bolter, Flamer - 161pts

6 x Tactical Marines - Multimelta, Meltagun - 110pts
Razorback - TL Lascannons, Dozer Blade, Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers, Storm Bolter - 113pts

Land Speeder Tornado - Assualt Cannon - 80pts

Land Speeder Tornado - Assualt Cannon - 80pts

Vindicator - Power of the Machine Spirit, Dozer Blade - 160pts

Land Raider Crusader - Dozer Blade, Storm Bolter - 280pts

###

This list is, at least in my mind, based on fluff - what Marines would take into FIBUA. I don't pretend it's especially effective, but to me, at least it could have some potential. It's also a nice change of pace from my mechanised marines, and it lets me use some of the options that don't come off the shelf very often - LRC and assualt termies, for one.

I've considered a few tweaks - I'd have liked jump-packless assualt squads, terminators with heavy flamers and maybe an LST with the heavy flamer/multimelta combo.

So, how do you eat yours?

Balanced is the new cheese i'd reckon. - Brushmonkey, on how 40K is supposed to be...

Best Tyranid player in the UK...until GT Heat 2, anyway...
Old 09 Jun 2006, 22:28   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Cityfight Marines - 1500pts

Definately Land Speeder Tornados with a Multi-Melta and a heavy flamer each. It's going to be 'close and bloody' so you'll have a better chance to get in close with such weapons (hopping over buildings and the like). The multi-meltas will handle vehicles superbly I expect and the heavy flamers are there to both dig out infantry and to keep your opponent guessing.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 10 Jun 2006, 10:30   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Give your librarian Furious Charge along with his termies so you can butcher the enemy when you come out of that Crusader. If you can find the points you can give your tac squads frag grenades and take out the HBs for some more intense cc support (though I doubt you need it!)
Old 10 Jun 2006, 13:21   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogger
Give your librarian Furious Charge along with his termies so you can butcher the enemy when you come out of that Crusader.
I think Frogger is referring to your Chaplain here; but I'm not sure how you can give him Furious Charge...you can give it to the assault Terminators sure, but the chaplain doesn't automatically gain it too when he joins them. With a conventional Terminator Command Squad you pay for leading/attached characters to also possess such skills, but a Terminator Assault squad can't be taken as a command squad; only the Termies themselves can benefit from the 'Furious Charge' upgrade. Still, he makes a good point; just imagine the mayhem that will unfold when your Lightning Claw armed Terminators charge off the assault ramp. 16 strength 5, initiative 5 attacks that can re-roll to hit and to wound with no conventional armour save possible! Then you've still got 5 Power Weapon attacks and 3 Thunder Hammer blows to add on top of that! Woe betide the unit that gets assaulted by this squad!
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 10 Jun 2006, 15:14   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

That's the general idea

In truth, the only reason I gave them furious charge was to give them an outside go at a friend's Wraithlords, but it's a nice utility skill anyways.

Re: the frag grenades and heavy bolters. I *could* give them frags, but I don't see any reason to drop the HB. For such a small cost, and without decreasing the assualt effectiveness of the unit, I'd rather keep it around. There's no infantry in the game so cheap I have to kill more than one to earn it's points back.

Still fiddling with the list. I may post a revised one soon.

Thanks for the comments, and keep them coming

Balanced is the new cheese i'd reckon. - Brushmonkey, on how 40K is supposed to be...

Old 10 Jun 2006, 15:36   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I love the list... the Vindicator is a nice touch.

I'm not a big fan of two landspeeders, but in Cityfight, their mobility should help you.

The Chaplain and the Termies could definately use frags.

Other than that, it looks great!
Stankov

PS: I would throw in some melta bombs... you'll most likely be gettin in close, and you'll want something otehr than a melta gun to blow up amrour.

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 10 Jun 2006, 20:03   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Frag grenades, sadly, aren't an option for terminators or TDA'd characters. On the other hand, they will benefit from the frag launchers on the LRC in the turn they disembark, so it's not a total loss. Or I could give them the Combat Engineers stratagem, which would work, too.

I'd love to take meltabombs somewhere, but there's noone that can take them.

Oh, and I never leave home without the Vindicator. People here fear the pieplate of doom. And in cityfight, it just so fluffy...how could you not take it? And with the right strategems, you can bring buildings down with it, too

Closed Thread