Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Revised List - The Sea Wolf Great Company
Closed Thread
Old 08 Jun 2006, 00:47   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Revised List - The Sea Wolf Great Company

Here's my revised list as of right now. I'm going to add some stuff like upgrades and fast attack, because I'll want get it up to 1500.

HQ

Rune Priest
>Power Weapon
>Runic Armor
>Storm Bolter
>Termi Armor

WG Battle Leader
>Bolter
>Power Weapon

Elites

4x Wolf Scouts
>Plasma Gun

Wolf Guard Leader
>Bolt Pistol
>Close Combat Weapon

Wolf Gaurd Bodygaurds
>Storm Bolters (2)
>Power Weapon
>Cyclone Missiles
>Lightning Claws
>Thunder Hammer/ Storm Shield
>Terminator Armor (4)

Venerable Dreadnought
>Lascannon

Troops

9x Grey Hunters
>Power Fist
>Plasma Pistol

9x Grey Hunters
>Flamer

Rhino Transport
>HK Missile
>Spotlight
>Smoke Launchers
>Storm Bolter

Yeah, I'm expecting two immidiate responses.

1) Termis are bad for anything less then 2000 points. Oh well, I have termis. They accually are quite effective in small point games because they just kick ass at 24' but the enemy (usually guardians) can't return fire.

2) Odd point squads are bad for morale checks and such, to which I say: I'm planning on getting WG Leaders for both these squads, bringing their totals each to 10.

So any other C&C is fine.

Old 08 Jun 2006, 04:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Revised List - The Sea Wolf Great Company

Actually my response is to these guys:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarseerSpacePuppy
HQ

Rune Priest
>Power Weapon
>Runic Armor
>Storm Bolter
>Termi Armor

WG Battle Leader
>Bolter
>Power Weapon
The Runic Armour on the Rune Priest is redundant when you have the Terminator Armour, and I get the feeling that it was supposed to be for the WGBL. Even if it was a mistake, I wouldn't recommend taking it as most weapons aimed at IC's will ignore saves. Both are better off wielding either a Storm Shield or a Belt of Russ, since it will let them live a lot longer. I'd also recommend replacing the Power Weapons with Frost Blades, but I don't know how many points you have left or if it's your style. Better yet, drop one of these guys and up the Ven. Dread. to HQ status, that way you'll save a bunch of points.

The Wolf Scouts seem a bit oddly armed with the Plasma Gun, though I don't know what roll you will use them in. The HK Missile is over the top and a waste, since it's not a guaranteed kill every time you use it, drop it and add Extra Armour to it.

Other than that it looks like a solid list, though it's a bit light on the troops, which is understandable due to the Terminators.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

Current Armies: The Lone Wolves 2092 pts
Hive Fleet Basilisk 1601 pts
Old 08 Jun 2006, 14:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yeah, the Runic/Termi armor was a mistake, a typo.

Anyways, I keep the RP and the Termi bodyguards out of enemy range, so basically the average fire hitting them will be fire from puny guns like catapults and stuff. I do have TH and SS, plus Lightning Claws in case CC insues. I'll keep the Runic Armor.

The plasma gun with the Scouts comes in handy in conjuction with OBEL, especially if first turn I'm right by a tank or something.

Old 09 Jun 2006, 03:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Meltaguns are much more effective at taking out enemy tanks using BEL, especially when coupled with PP's on other Scouts. These are brutally effective against Basilisks and other edge-hugging tanks, and they're almost guaranteed to make their points back in one turn. Plus, with a 4+ save those overheats from the PG will definitely take him out quickly.

Consider dropping the WGBL to free up some points, since he's not very effective if all he's armed with is a Bolter and PW. Besides, you're already paying huge amounts for the Ven Dread, so might as well kill two birds with one stone.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

Current Armies: The Lone Wolves 2092 pts
Hive Fleet Basilisk 1601 pts
Old 09 Jun 2006, 03:53   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksteel
Meltaguns are much more effective at taking out enemy tanks using BEL, especially when coupled with PP's on other Scouts. These are brutally effective against Basilisks and other edge-hugging tanks, and they're almost guaranteed to make their points back in one turn. Plus, with a 4+ save those overheats from the PG will definitely take him out quickly.

Consider dropping the WGBL to free up some points, since he's not very effective if all he's armed with is a Bolter and PW. Besides, you're already paying huge amounts for the Ven Dread, so might as well kill two birds with one stone.
I'd really rather have the dread as an elite. I don't have another elite choice except for an iron priest (which is basically just an 80 point marine for my army), and I want to have two infantry HQs.

I will consider better-equipping him though.
Closed Thread