Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Need help for starting a Fluff Chapter.
Closed Thread
Old 05 Jun 2006, 22:34   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Shovah Send a message via MSN to Shovah Send a message via Yahoo to Shovah
Default Need help for starting a Fluff Chapter.

I am starting a Space Marine army, got sick of paying tons of money for a horde army lol.

I made a Chapter with fluff, but I want it to be different, I want it to stand out from the rest of the trillions of Space Marine Chapters. If anyone has some ideas that would be great.

Also I need help picking Traits for my chapter, heres the fluff I have writing about my chapter so far.

No Mercy, No Respite...

Faith Without Deeds is Worthless...

Only in Death Does Duty End....

If you have any questions about my chapter, I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Thanks guys for the help!

Shovah

"... and if machine spirit is not roused, the Lithany of Profanity should be spoken, followed by ritual striking of machine with one's fist. After which, depress the red rune again."

[taken from Adeptus Mechanicus manual]
Old 06 Jun 2006, 16:58   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Need help for starting a Fluff Chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovah
I made a Chapter with fluff, but I want it to be different, I want it to stand out from the rest of the trillions of Space Marine Chapters. If anyone has some ideas that would be great.
Um...different you say? Different...is there anything that hasn't been done already? You could make them a very divergent chapter and say their gene-seed has some serious abnormalities. The Space Wolves have big fangs, the Blood Angels are rather prone to going completely off the rails...perhaps you could call them the Space Monkeys and model them with long arms and tails? They could use their feet to hold their bolters. Much like the Space Wolves' Wolf Guard, the Space Monkey's elites could be called 'Knuckle draggers' or 'Silverbacks' (Termies with an extra wound). The scouts could have a special rule which allows them to hide in jungle terrain like catachans and throw berries: On a D6 roll of 4+, a single enemy non-vehicle unit within 12" is annoyed (pinned).
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 08 Jun 2006, 10:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

yeah... but I don't think he wants random special rules!

If you just have a think and see what comes out of your desiesed imagination, you should get something you like.
You could even go into detail in the initiation ceromonies and combat training (I havn't got there yet, but I will do soon!)
Old 08 Jun 2006, 10:55   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

I like the idea of doing a chapter that view the primarchs as a panthion. The chaplins of the chapter each follow diffrent primarchs examples... So a Chaplin might follow Sangiunus or Horus and fight accordingly. And have diffrent powers.

Note that a Chaplin of Horus laments his fall in to darkness but lives by his pre-rebellion example...
Old 09 Jun 2006, 16:03   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

you could try modelling them differently like my arch angels all have a set of wings come on now thats cool. try something different like that

the time for tau is now
Old 09 Jun 2006, 18:12   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

That is cool. Do you treat them as jump infantry or is it assumed that their power armour makes them too heavy to fly? What about the vehicle crews? Got any pictures?
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Closed Thread